Arjen Robben booed by Bayern Munich fans during Holland friendly
- May 23, 2012
“It’s a disgrace. When you look at what Robben has achieved in his career. He led Bayern to the final at Madrid and is so important to the club. Bayern should be really happy to have a player like him.” – Mark van Bommel.
“Bayern Munich should be ashamed. We expected no such thing. It’s embarrassing.” – Rafael van der Vaart.
It may well have been the worst timed friendly ever and it is a surprise 33,000 people turned up but it could all have been so different had Arjen Robben stuck that penalty away against Chelsea in extra time of the Champions League final.
As it was, the Dutch flyer was forced to make an appearance for Holland late on in their 3-2 friendly defeat to Bayern Munich on Tuesday evening.
Robben came on late in the game and was booed when he did touch the ball as is evidenced by the video below.
There were some Bayern fans looking to cheer up the grumpy winger but this summer could be an interesting time for Robben despite recently signing a new three-year deal at the Allianz Arena.
It should also be pointed out that Robben didn’t just miss a crucial penalty against Chelsea but also a huge spot kick against Borussia Dortmund last month in a big moment in the Bundesliga title race. Both penalty misses are on this video.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]