Arjen Robben booed by Bayern Munich fans during Holland friendly
- May 23, 2012
“It’s a disgrace. When you look at what Robben has achieved in his career. He led Bayern to the final at Madrid and is so important to the club. Bayern should be really happy to have a player like him.” – Mark van Bommel.
“Bayern Munich should be ashamed. We expected no such thing. It’s embarrassing.” – Rafael van der Vaart.
It may well have been the worst timed friendly ever and it is a surprise 33,000 people turned up but it could all have been so different had Arjen Robben stuck that penalty away against Chelsea in extra time of the Champions League final.
As it was, the Dutch flyer was forced to make an appearance for Holland late on in their 3-2 friendly defeat to Bayern Munich on Tuesday evening.
Robben came on late in the game and was booed when he did touch the ball as is evidenced by the video below.
There were some Bayern fans looking to cheer up the grumpy winger but this summer could be an interesting time for Robben despite recently signing a new three-year deal at the Allianz Arena.
It should also be pointed out that Robben didn’t just miss a crucial penalty against Chelsea but also a huge spot kick against Borussia Dortmund last month in a big moment in the Bundesliga title race. Both penalty misses are on this video.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...