- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Arjen Robben booed by Bayern Munich fans during Holland friendly
“It’s a disgrace. When you look at what Robben has achieved in his career. He led Bayern to the final at Madrid and is so important to the club. Bayern should be really happy to have a player like him.” - Mark van Bommel.
“Bayern Munich should be ashamed. We expected no such thing. It’s embarrassing.” – Rafael van der Vaart.
It may well have been the worst timed friendly ever and it is a surprise 33,000 people turned up but it could all have been so different had Arjen Robben stuck that penalty away against Chelsea in extra time of the Champions League final.
As it was, the Dutch flyer was forced to make an appearance for Holland late on in their 3-2 friendly defeat to Bayern Munich on Tuesday evening.
Robben came on late in the game and was booed when he did touch the ball as is evidenced by the video below.
There were some Bayern fans looking to cheer up the grumpy winger but this summer could be an interesting time for Robben despite recently signing a new three-year deal at the Allianz Arena.
It should also be pointed out that Robben didn’t just miss a crucial penalty against Chelsea but also a huge spot kick against Borussia Dortmund last month in a big moment in the Bundesliga title race. Both penalty misses are on this video.
- Updated: May 23, 2012