Ariel Ortega sets up his son for a goal in farewell match, duly bawls his eyes out
- July 14, 2013
Diminutive playmaker Ariel Ortega played his farewell match at the Monumental Stadium on Saturday.
Ortega appeared for River Plate in a match against his team mates from the 2004 Newell’s Old Boys side.
The likes of Romario, Enzo Francescoli, Leonardo Astrada, Norberto Alonso and Javier Saviola all appeared but it was Ortega’s son that stole the show.
Tomasito Ortega finished with aplomb from close range and it was all too much to take for his father Ariel.
A touching moment!
- River Plate stun Cruzeiro 3-0 to reach Copa Libertadores semi-finals [Official Highlights]
- The Superclasico between Boca Juniors & River Plate’s ladies teams was an am...
- Ice cold River Plate defender Emanuel Mammana loses opponent with classy skill [Video]
- Cruzeiro win 1-0 at River Plate in first leg of Copa Libertadores quarter-final [Highli...
- Footage emerges of Boca Juniors fan pepper spraying River Plate players [Video]
- Boca Juniors fans trolled River Plate with a drone during the game [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi