Ariel Ortega sets up his son for a goal in farewell match, duly bawls his eyes out
- July 14, 2013
Diminutive playmaker Ariel Ortega played his farewell match at the Monumental Stadium on Saturday.
Ortega appeared for River Plate in a match against his team mates from the 2004 Newell’s Old Boys side.
The likes of Romario, Enzo Francescoli, Leonardo Astrada, Norberto Alonso and Javier Saviola all appeared but it was Ortega’s son that stole the show.
Tomasito Ortega finished with aplomb from close range and it was all too much to take for his father Ariel.
A touching moment!
- Lucho Gonzalez scored a stunning volley for River Plate v Estudiantes (Video)
- River Plate beat Tigres 3-0 to win the Copa Libertadores (Official highlights)
- Rodrigo Mora (River Plate) stunning lob golazo in Copa Libertadores semi final [Officia...
- Rosario Central midfielder Jonas Aguirre scores amazing lob versus River Plate [GIF]
- River Plate stun Cruzeiro 3-0 to reach Copa Libertadores semi-finals [Official Highlights]
- The Superclasico between Boca Juniors & River Plate’s ladies teams was an am...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...