Argentine journo calls Germany players (Götze, Schürrle) ‘Nasty Nazis’ over World Cup celebration song [Video]
Germany’s World Cup celebrations in Berlin didn’t go down well in Argentina.
Ton Kroos, Miroslav Klose, André Schürrle, Mario Götze, Benedikt Höwedes Roman Weidenfeller led a joke song on the stage, singing ‘So geh’n die Gauchos’ – this is how the Gauchos walk’, crouching down to show their deflated egos after losing the final.
They then stood proudly up, and sang ‘So geh’n die Deutschen’ – this is how the Germans walk‘.
Pretty harmless banter, right? Not in Argentina.
Though Argentina were the authors of the World Cup’s biggest wind-up, with their song taunting Brazil (‘Brazil Dime Que Se Siente), they’ve taken very preciously to Germany’s bit of banter.
Seems they can give it out, but can’t take it.
La Nacion, Ole, Clarin – every major Argentine paper ran the story as ‘Germany’s controversial celebrations; but Uruguayan-Argentine Víctor Hugo Morales took his criticism too far, in his program Radio Continental.
Hugo Morales delved into the historical sphere, with a bit of pseudo-sociological analysis, and described the German players as ‘disgusting Nazis’.
‘Its was thinkig like these players that led Germany to kill six million people (referring clearly to the Holocaust).
With that mental faculty, that superior belief and stupidity.
These players have done very little for Germany, a country that’s trying to erase the image of discrimination, one that thinks it’s a superior race, in the name of which it committed mass murder.
If this is how they celebrate, that means there’s still a part of Germany that’s sick’.
Watch the German players’ celebration that so irked Argentina on the clip below.
Watch Live Stream
- Andre Schurrle calls Messi the best of all time, treasures 7-1 Brazil spanking (Video)January 26th, 2016
- Andre Schurrle: I left Chelsea because Jose Mourinho didn’t trust me (Quotes)September 28th, 2015
- Andre Schurrle does a Trip Advisor, recommends Chelsea as a destinationMay 15th, 2015
- Ex-Chelsea man Andre Schürrle confirms he’ll be getting a Premier League winner’s medalMay 14th, 2015
- Philipp Lahm is looking forward to watching Germany with a beer (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger receives excellent news [Bild]May 24th, 2016
- Horrible news for Wolfsburg’s Julian DraxlerApril 14th, 2016
- You can now own the German national team as Lego characters (Videos)April 12th, 2016
- Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge urges Mario Gotze to leave amid Liverpool interestMay 26th, 2016
- Redmen TV try to convince themselves Mario Gotze could still join Liverpool from Bayern (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Bad news for Liverpool as Mario Gotze’s Bayern future becomes much clearer [Bild]May 23rd, 2016
- Liverpool tipped to sign Germany World Cup winner Mario Gotze this week [Sun]May 22nd, 2016