- Brendan Rodgers: Liverpool played better than 5-1 win v Arsenal, calls Alexis Sanchez a diver [Video]
- Arsenal picked up some unwanted statistics in draw at Liverpool [Graphic]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger regrets conceding stoppage time equaliser to Liverpool [Video]
- Martin Skrtel & Adam Lallana post match interview after Liverpool 2 – Arsenal 2 [Video]
- Arsenal man Per Mertesacker mauled for ducking out of Martin Skrtel’s equaliser [Pic & Tweets]
Argentina’s Javier Mascherano on THAT match-saving moment v Holland: ‘I opened my anus tackling Robben’ (!!!)
Javier Mascherano hasn’t officially scored a World Cup goal, but he made an intervention that was worth a goal in Argentina’s semi-final win over Holland last night.
To be clear: If Mascherano had missed this, Argentina were going out of the World Cup.
In the 90th minute, Arjen Robben burst through on the Argentine goal, and set himself for the shot.
Tracking him all the way, Masche caught up with Robben at the very last moment, to make the last-ditch tackle just as Robben struck.
It was arguably Argentina’s defining World Cup moment.
And a little collateral damage was caused to the Argentine hero, as he explained in his post-match interview:
“In that movement I opened my…(points to anus), that’s why I was in such pain. I don’t want to be rude, but that is what happened.’
Now that’s dedication to the cause!
Check out pictures of Mascherano’s match-saving/winning tackle below the fold
- Updated: July 10, 2014