Argentina’s Javier Mascherano on THAT match-saving moment v Holland: ‘I opened my anus tackling Robben’ (!!!)
- July 10, 2014
Javier Mascherano hasn’t officially scored a World Cup goal, but he made an intervention that was worth a goal in Argentina’s semi-final win over Holland last night.
To be clear: If Mascherano had missed this, Argentina were going out of the World Cup.
In the 90th minute, Arjen Robben burst through on the Argentine goal, and set himself for the shot.
Tracking him all the way, Masche caught up with Robben at the very last moment, to make the last-ditch tackle just as Robben struck.
It was arguably Argentina’s defining World Cup moment.
And a little collateral damage was caused to the Argentine hero, as he explained in his post-match interview:
“In that movement I opened my…(points to anus), that’s why I was in such pain. I don’t want to be rude, but that is what happened.’
Now that’s dedication to the cause!
Check out pictures of Mascherano’s match-saving/winning tackle below the fold
- Ole editor calls for Leo Messi to be stripped of Argentina captaincy after ‘wande...
- See how Lionel Messi’s family were allegedly attacked by Chile fans at the Copa A...
- Leo Messi rejected the Copa America Golden Ball award; Trophy withdrawn [Video]
- Cheat: Javier Pastore’s embarrassing attempt to win a penalty during Argentina v ...
- Watch Leo Messi’s reactions throughout Argentina’s miserable shoot-out v Ch...
- Chile’s fans insulted and assaulted Leo Messi’s family during the Copa Amer...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi