Argentina’s Javier Mascherano on THAT match-saving moment v Holland: ‘I opened my anus tackling Robben’ (!!!)
Javier Mascherano hasn’t officially scored a World Cup goal, but he made an intervention that was worth a goal in Argentina’s semi-final win over Holland last night.
To be clear: If Mascherano had missed this, Argentina were going out of the World Cup.
In the 90th minute, Arjen Robben burst through on the Argentine goal, and set himself for the shot.
Tracking him all the way, Masche caught up with Robben at the very last moment, to make the last-ditch tackle just as Robben struck.
It was arguably Argentina’s defining World Cup moment.
And a little collateral damage was caused to the Argentine hero, as he explained in his post-match interview:
“In that movement I opened my…(points to anus), that’s why I was in such pain. I don’t want to be rude, but that is what happened.’
Now that’s dedication to the cause!
Check out pictures of Mascherano’s match-saving/winning tackle below the fold
Watch Live Stream
- Diego Maradona gets into a fight with Man United old boy Seba Veron at the Pope’s charity match (Video)October 12, 2016
- Argentine commentators slam Man City’s Sergio Aguero, tell him to ‘leave’ (Video)October 12, 2016
- Aguero reveals how friendship with Messi has resulted in stupid abuse from Argentina fansOctober 12, 2016
- Mauro Icardi describes Diego Maradona’s ‘traitor’ comments as tasteless [Sky Italia]October 11, 2016
- Holland suffer injury blow: Arjen Robben ruled out of both WC QualifiersOctober 6, 2016
- Arjen Robben opens up about his injury struggles at Bayern Munich (Video)September 16, 2016
- Bayern fans display a banner attacking Arjen Robben for his son training with 1860 MunichAugust 29, 2016
- Bayern’s Arjen Robben is out for 6 weeks with adductor injuryJuly 17, 2016