Argentina’s Javier Mascherano on THAT match-saving moment v Holland: ‘I opened my anus tackling Robben’ (!!!)
Javier Mascherano hasn’t officially scored a World Cup goal, but he made an intervention that was worth a goal in Argentina’s semi-final win over Holland last night.
To be clear: If Mascherano had missed this, Argentina were going out of the World Cup.
In the 90th minute, Arjen Robben burst through on the Argentine goal, and set himself for the shot.
Tracking him all the way, Masche caught up with Robben at the very last moment, to make the last-ditch tackle just as Robben struck.
It was arguably Argentina’s defining World Cup moment.
And a little collateral damage was caused to the Argentine hero, as he explained in his post-match interview:
“In that movement I opened my…(points to anus), that’s why I was in such pain. I don’t want to be rude, but that is what happened.’
Now that’s dedication to the cause!
Check out pictures of Mascherano’s match-saving/winning tackle below the fold
Watch Live Stream
- New Argentina squad includes Leo Messi, Sergio Aguero plus Man United & Spurs menAugust 23, 2016
- Argentina’s Edgardo Bauza on how he convinced Leo Messi into his international U-turn [La Nacion]August 23, 2016
- The news Argentina & Leo Messi fans have wanted to hear [Ole]August 5, 2016
- Leonel Aguero talks about his son quitting Argentina after Leo Messi [Paladar Rojo]July 5, 2016
- Former Chelsea boss becomes Holland’s new assistant manager [Telegraaf]August 21, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Holland beat Austria 2-0 thanks to goals from Janssen & Wijnaldum (Video)June 5, 2016
- Stoke’s Marko Arnautovic spat at Holland defender Kenny Tete (Video)June 4, 2016