Argentina World Cup Squad announced: Carlos Tevez left out for ex-Wigan striker Franco Di Santo
- May 13, 2014
Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella has achieved the feat of outdoing Didier Deschamps for controversial squad calls, by leaving out Juventus striker Carlos Tevez.
For former Chelsea (o goals), Blackburn and Wigan striker Franco Di Santo.
There’ve been protests on the streets of Buenos Aires to have ‘El Pibe del Pueblo’ Carlitos reinstated; had Sabella had a decent alternative, perhaps he would have gotten away with it, but with Di Santo in Tevez’s place, there’s simply no case to be made here.
How can Sabella justify this on purely football terms? There’s evidently more to it than that.
Otherwise, it’s a squad that largely names itself, with Man City’s Zabaleta and Demichelis featuring in defence.
Goalkeepers: Romero, Andújar, Orion
Defenders: F.Fernández, L.López, Campagnaro, Zabaleta, Garay, Rojo, Basanta, Otamendi, Demichelis, Mercado
Midfielders: Gago, Banega, Mascherano, Alvarez, Biglia, Pérez, Rinaudo, Maxi Rodríguez, Sosa, Di María, Fernandez
Forwards: Messi, Aguero, Higuaín, Lavezzi, Palacio, Di Santo.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...