Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina: Predicted line-ups & essential facts and stats
- June 15, 2014
Argentina: Romero, Campagnaro, Fernandez, Garay, Zabaleta, Rojo, Mascherano, Rodriguez, Di Maria, Aguero and Messi.
Alejandro Sabella is expected to start with five defenders, presumably to allow his front players the freedom to attack. Gonzalo Higuain misses out on the starting line-up due to a niggle.
Bosnia-Herzegovina: Begovic, Kolasinac, Spahic, Salihovic, Mujdza, Besic, Pjanic, Lulic, Misimovic, Hajrovic and Dzeko.
Bosnia-Herzegovina play their World Cup game (not including qualification) and it couldn’t be a harder assignment, against Argentina, the side with arguably the best attack in international football. With just two strikers in the squad, Vedad Ibisevic is tipped to start on the bench.
101GG Betting Tip:
Second favourites Argentina kick off Group F of the World Cup in the iconic Maracana stadium and will be hoping to show off their awesome attacking force.
The Argentine media are strongly predicting five defenders which should allow the awesome front three of Angel Di Maria, Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero to strut their stuff.
There will be a lot of pressure on wing backs Pablo Zabaleta and Marcos Rojo to provide width and both players come off fine seasons at club level.
All eyes will be on Lionel Messi – if the Barcelona forward hits the ground running at this World Cup – Argentina may be unstoppable.
For Bosnia-Herzegovina this will be an emotional occasion with their first appearance at the World Cup.
As such a young country, we can expect plenty of emotion to come to the fore throughout the match, which may aid a professional Argentina side.
But B-H have some terrific talents in their side, including goalkeeper Asmir Begovic and striker Edin Dzeko, well known to fans of the Premier League.
Miralem Pjanic could well be their key man and if he can get away from Javier Mascherano in the middle of the park, could well dictate the game.
Veteran Bayer Leverkusen defender Emir Spahic looks likely to be the man tasked with stopping Lionel Messi.
101gg prediction: Argentina 3 – Bosnia-Herzegovina 1.
Some essential facts and stats to help with online betting on Argentina v Bosnia-Herzegovina
Bosnia-Herzegovina are the only team in the World Cup making their debut.
Argentina have won both their friendly games against Bosnia-Herzegovina by a total of seven goals to zero.
La Albiceleste have won nine and lost just one game in their last 12 World Cup group games.
Alejandro Sabella’s side were the highest scorers in South American qualifying with 35 goals.
Edin Dzeko was the player involved in the most goals during European World Cup qualification. Thanks to 10 goals and four assists.
Lionel Messi is unbeaten in his last 21 matches with Argentina.
Lionel Messi has only previously ever scored 1 goal in a World Cup, against Serbia and Montenegro in 2006.
- Manchester United will sign Argentina number one Sergio Romero this weekend (ESPN)
- Matías Messi defends brother Leo from Argentina critics on Twitter
- Youtuber brilliantly demonstrates how Messi wasn’t to blame for Argentina’s...
- Leo Messi’s grandfather criticises his grandson’s Copa America performances...
- Leo Messi speaks for the 1st time after criticism in Argentina after the Copa America. ...
- Close up footage of Leo Messi’s brother, Matias, being harassed at the Copa Ameri...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi