Are Crystal Palace going down? Eagles record a poor 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Southampton [Vine]
- March 8, 2014
Crystal Palace have the notorious record as being the only team in the Premier League’s history to have been promoted four times only to get relegated in the immediate season following that promotion.
Palace, who came up into the Premier League via the playoffs last season, had looked in good form a few weeks ago to finally end that record of yoyoing between the top top flights, however recent weeks has changed the mood around Selhurst PArk dramatically.
Having lost 1-0 at home to Southampton on Saturday, the Eagles have now record one win, one draw and three defeats in their last five matches. That poor form has left Tony Pulis’ just two places and two points above the bottom three.
Palace were undone on Saturday in South London by a single goal from Saints striker Jay Rodriguez, who managed to win a sliding tackling against Julien Speroni in the 37th minute to leave the striker with an open goal to fire the ball into.
Watch Jay Rodriguez’s strike as 9th-placed Southampton left Crystal Palace looking even at the relegation drop zone below.
- Yohan Cabaye (PSG) set for shock reunion with Alan Pardew at Crystal Palace [Mirror]
- Radamel Falcao close to Chelsea move; Crystal Palace favourites for Loic Remy [Sunday T...
- Palace fans sing ‘there’s only one Steven Gerrard’ after their win ov...
- Crystal Palace poop all over Steven Gerrard’s Liverpool swan song with an away An...
- Man United’s Juan Mata celebrates top 4 & praises David De Gea in weekly blog
- Palace’s Yannick Bolasie had a bottle thrown at him v Man United. Reacts with a s...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi