- Late Christmas present? Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud spotted shopping in Victoria Secret [Picture]
- Lukas Podolski: ‘In the next few days I’m going to talk to Arsene Wenger’ [Super Express]
- Chelsea send a warning letter to a fan about standing on his seat during a goal celebration [Picture]
- Chelsea announce Fernando Torres has joined AC Milan (ahead of Atletico Madrid move)
- Arsenal fan membership is confiscated for persistent standing whilst fans stand around him [Pictures]
Are Crystal Palace going down? Eagles record a poor 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Southampton [Vine]
Crystal Palace have the notorious record as being the only team in the Premier League’s history to have been promoted four times only to get relegated in the immediate season following that promotion.
Palace, who came up into the Premier League via the playoffs last season, had looked in good form a few weeks ago to finally end that record of yoyoing between the top top flights, however recent weeks has changed the mood around Selhurst PArk dramatically.
Having lost 1-0 at home to Southampton on Saturday, the Eagles have now record one win, one draw and three defeats in their last five matches. That poor form has left Tony Pulis’ just two places and two points above the bottom three.
Palace were undone on Saturday in South London by a single goal from Saints striker Jay Rodriguez, who managed to win a sliding tackling against Julien Speroni in the 37th minute to leave the striker with an open goal to fire the ball into.
Watch Jay Rodriguez’s strike as 9th-placed Southampton left Crystal Palace looking even at the relegation drop zone below.
- Updated: March 8, 2014