Are Crystal Palace going down? Eagles record a poor 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Southampton [Vine]
Crystal Palace have the notorious record as being the only team in the Premier League’s history to have been promoted four times only to get relegated in the immediate season following that promotion.
Palace, who came up into the Premier League via the playoffs last season, had looked in good form a few weeks ago to finally end that record of yoyoing between the top top flights, however recent weeks has changed the mood around Selhurst PArk dramatically.
Having lost 1-0 at home to Southampton on Saturday, the Eagles have now record one win, one draw and three defeats in their last five matches. That poor form has left Tony Pulis’ just two places and two points above the bottom three.
Palace were undone on Saturday in South London by a single goal from Saints striker Jay Rodriguez, who managed to win a sliding tackling against Julien Speroni in the 37th minute to leave the striker with an open goal to fire the ball into.
Watch Jay Rodriguez’s strike as 9th-placed Southampton left Crystal Palace looking even at the relegation drop zone below.
Watch Live Stream
- Match-winner Jesse Lingard interviewed after Man United win FA Cup final (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Official highlights & trophy celebrations from Man United 2 – Crystal Palace 1 (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Wayne Rooney on winning the FA Cup with Manchester United (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Alan Pardew panned mercilessly for dad dance as Palace lose to Man United (Tweets & Video)May 21st, 2016
- Kelvin Davis’ son scores a super penalty v his dad, Saints hero Matt Le Tissier missed a sp...May 18th, 2016
- FPL GW38: Arsenal & Southampton to finish strong, Harry Kane & Jamie Vardy’s scor...May 13th, 2016
- BBC team of the week: 3 Southampton stars, 2 Black Cats, two Foxes & a Man United defenderMay 9th, 2016
- Ryan Bertrand celebrates Southampton win at Spurs with Instagram videoMay 8th, 2016