- Crystal Palace’s Yannick Bolasie shows off his ‘tekkers’ on a hands-free Segway [Video]
- Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski receives a super cute Christmas message from a little girl [Instagram]
- Atletico want Chelsea’s Fernando Torres as he’s eligible for the Champions League [Mundo Deportivo]
- Man United have only ever lost once on Boxing Day in the Premier League, 86.4% win record
- Stoke’s Robert Huth is this year’s Scrooge, tweets “I hate Christmas”
Arbeloa goes in studs up on James at Real Madrid training, Rodriguez pulls away in time [Video]
After missing out on Spain’s World Cup squad, and losing his place (also due to injury) to Dani Carvajal last season, Alvaro Arbeloa knows he’s up against it to stake a claim to the rigt back spot at Real Madrid this season.
The full-back, more known these days for his Twitter antics than his on-pitch performances, played the hard man at training this morning, going in studs up on James Rodriguez during a game of Rondos.
Though he wasn’t reckless nor did both feet leave the ground, he did catch James’ foot, and his foot was clearly too high; not the done thing in training.
James managed to pull his foot away in time, otherwise he could have been left with a pretty heavy knock from Arbeloa.
- Updated: August 18, 2014