Arbeloa goes in studs up on James at Real Madrid training, Rodriguez pulls away in time [Video]
- August 18, 2014
After missing out on Spain’s World Cup squad, and losing his place (also due to injury) to Dani Carvajal last season, Alvaro Arbeloa knows he’s up against it to stake a claim to the rigt back spot at Real Madrid this season.
The full-back, more known these days for his Twitter antics than his on-pitch performances, played the hard man at training this morning, going in studs up on James Rodriguez during a game of Rondos.
Though he wasn’t reckless nor did both feet leave the ground, he did catch James’ foot, and his foot was clearly too high; not the done thing in training.
James managed to pull his foot away in time, otherwise he could have been left with a pretty heavy knock from Arbeloa.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]