Arabic commentator calls RVP Robin Hood after late Man United goal v West Ham
- January 6, 2013
Robin van Persie once again proved what a phenomenal signing he has been (even at 24 million pounds) for Manchester United this season.
Despite only playing 23 minutes on Saturday at West Ham, RVP had the final say, sending the tie to a replay with a sublime control and finish with his right foot.
Van Persie’s record now stands at 20 goals and nine assists in 26 appearances for Manchester United and it would be no surprise if the Dutch striker continued this phenomenal form for the rest of the campaign.
There were a fair few Manchester United fans going overboard when RVP netted the equaliser at Upton Park in injury time and an Arabic commentator also joined in.
As van Persie celebrated, following the sensational assist from Ryan Giggs, the Arabic commentator on the video below describes RVP as “Robin Hood.”
Not quite “stealing from the rich to give to the poor” but nevertheless some amusing commentary.
Video below is Flash, so not available for iPhone and iPad app users of 101 Great Goals. The second video below showcases all of RVP’s touches v West Ham and will appear for all.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi