Apart from being linked to the Spurs job, Marseille are now talking to Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino
- April 8, 2014
According to reports in the French tabloid media, Marseille are talking to Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino about the possibility of the manager leaving his Southampton post this summer.
Back in December Marseille sacked boss Elie Baup after a run of poor results, and in his place the club appointed José Anigo as a caretaker boss until the end of the season.
With the 2013-14 season approaching its conclusion, talk at the Stade Veladrome has now focused on who’ll be in charge of the team come the start of next season, and various outlets are now claiming that Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino is high on the OM wish-list.
Pochettino has a strong affinity to French football having spent four season in Ligue 1 in his playing days for PSG and Bordeaux.
News that Pochettino is in line for the OM job comes a day after the 42-year-old Argentine was linked to role at Tottenham.
Whilst Spurs and OM both fight over the Saints supremo, it’s worth noting that Chilean manager Marcelo Bielsa is currently the number one pick of Marseille according to reports.
Watch this space.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]