Another Thiago to Man United rumour: His father Mazinho has sold his Barcelona restaurant [AS]
- July 4, 2013
First it was Sport claiming Barcelona have already targeted Thiago Alcantara’s replacement, then it was the midfielder’s removal from Barcelona’s new kit advertisement, now AS have another reason why a move to Manchester United looks very much on the cards.
AS have revealed that Thiago’s father Mazinho has sold his restaurant in the heart of Barcelona, called “Campechano” as he looks to concentrate on the football career’s of his two talented sons.
The 1994 World Cup winner with Brazil was the owner of a very successful restaurant but with Thiago Alcantara seemingly on his way to Manchester United and Rafinha heading out on loan to Celta Vigo, he would prefer to be close to his sons and their burgeoning football careers.
Thiago Alcantara has been heavily linked with Manchester United in recent hours, with suggestions that he could be unveiled tomorrow at David Moyes’ first press conference.
The Spain Under-21 star can leave Barcelona for 18 million euros (plus VAT) due to a clause in his contract which runs out at the end of July. Whereby Thiago’s release clause will then return to 90 million euros.
AS add that Manchester United still face competition from Manchester City and Bayern Munich to sign Thiago Alcantara.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]