- Barcelona celebrate Eric Abidal’s finest moments at the club in tribute video
- Eric Abidal scored two goals for Barcelona, one of which came in El Clasico [Video]
- Jokers! Cristiano Ronaldo and Pepe rip it out of James Rodriguez for terrible touch in Real Madrid training [Video]
- Marouane Fellaini says it was easy for critics to make him a scapegoat when David Moyes failed at Man United
- Olympiakos pay wonderful tribute to retiring defender Eric Abidal [Video]
Another Thiago to Man United rumour: His father Mazinho has sold his Barcelona restaurant [AS]
First it was Sport claiming Barcelona have already targeted Thiago Alcantara’s replacement, then it was the midfielder’s removal from Barcelona’s new kit advertisement, now AS have another reason why a move to Manchester United looks very much on the cards.
AS have revealed that Thiago’s father Mazinho has sold his restaurant in the heart of Barcelona, called “Campechano” as he looks to concentrate on the football career’s of his two talented sons.
The 1994 World Cup winner with Brazil was the owner of a very successful restaurant but with Thiago Alcantara seemingly on his way to Manchester United and Rafinha heading out on loan to Celta Vigo, he would prefer to be close to his sons and their burgeoning football careers.
Thiago Alcantara has been heavily linked with Manchester United in recent hours, with suggestions that he could be unveiled tomorrow at David Moyes’ first press conference.
The Spain Under-21 star can leave Barcelona for 18 million euros (plus VAT) due to a clause in his contract which runs out at the end of July. Whereby Thiago’s release clause will then return to 90 million euros.
AS add that Manchester United still face competition from Manchester City and Bayern Munich to sign Thiago Alcantara.
- Updated: July 4, 2013