- Full Time DEVILS predict the Manchester United starting line-up against Hull [Video]
- Wigan owner Dave Whelan charged by FA over antisemitic and racist remarks
- Class! Valencia prepare for Barcelona match with keepy-uppie rondo game in training [Video]
- Worries grow for Brazil legend Pele as he’s moved to special care unit in Sao Paolo hospital
- Universitario concede in stoppage time after goalkeeper goes to opposition box for corner
Another pre World Cup injury: Ghana’s Jerry Akaminko lands awkwardly late on v Holland [video]
Its been an awful night for pre World Cup injuries.
And, you have to wonder about how sensible these international friendlies are considering the long season just played and gruelling trips to South America coming up.
The latest player to join Montes and Montolivo on the injury list less than two weeks before the World Cup, is Ghana defender Jerry Akaminko.
By all accounts, Akaminko was unlikely to be in the final 23-man Ghana squad for the World Cup but this injury, in the final few seconds of the 1-0 defeat to Holland, will most likely confirm that.
- Updated: May 31, 2014