Another Blunder! ITV forced to apologize for missing Karim Benzema’s (France) late disallowed goal v Switzerland
- June 21, 2014
ITV’s live TV mistakes are now legion, becoming the stuff of broadcast legend.
Dating back to missing a goal during England v USA at the last World Cup (cutting away an inexplicably showing a car ad at the key moment), the English TV channel have recorded a string of live errors
Last night, they cut away to the French bench just as Benzema scored what would have been France’s 6th goal in their 5-2 win over Switzerland, so the viewers missed the spectacular and harshly disallowed goal, and instead saw manager Deschamps celebrating.
Adrian Chiles apologized in the post-match analysis, though to be fair in this case it genuinely wasn’t their fault.
(Via Daily Mail)
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...