Another Blunder! ITV forced to apologize for missing Karim Benzema’s (France) late disallowed goal v Switzerland
- June 21, 2014
ITV’s live TV mistakes are now legion, becoming the stuff of broadcast legend.
Dating back to missing a goal during England v USA at the last World Cup (cutting away an inexplicably showing a car ad at the key moment), the English TV channel have recorded a string of live errors
Last night, they cut away to the French bench just as Benzema scored what would have been France’s 6th goal in their 5-2 win over Switzerland, so the viewers missed the spectacular and harshly disallowed goal, and instead saw manager Deschamps celebrating.
Adrian Chiles apologized in the post-match analysis, though to be fair in this case it genuinely wasn’t their fault.
(Via Daily Mail)
- Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris had more 1st half touches than Arsenal’s Olivier Gi...
- Belgium release brilliant fan footage of game v France [Video]
- Ex Chelsea star Florent Malouda picks incredible Fantasy XI made up of former team-mate...
- Marouane Fellaini steals the show as Belgium beat France in a 4-3 thriller [Official Hi...
- Tottenham’s Belgian players try to act in silly promo for France friendly [Video]
- France beat Germany 4-1 to win the U17 European Championships [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...