- Alan Pardew laughs at journalist’s phone going off in Newcastle 1 – QPR 0 pressser
- Claude tells Man United fan channel Full Time Devils: Wenger Should Have Gone!
- Diagnosis on Marco Reus’ suspected ankle ligament rupture delayed due to swelling
- Poll: Should Arsenal sack Arsene Wenger? #WengerOut or #WengerIn ???
- 4 Ivorian airport workers got fired after Gervinho tried smuggling a girl on a private jet to Rome
Another Blunder! ITV forced to apologize for missing Karim Benzema’s (France) late disallowed goal v Switzerland
ITV’s live TV mistakes are now legion, becoming the stuff of broadcast legend.
Dating back to missing a goal during England v USA at the last World Cup (cutting away an inexplicably showing a car ad at the key moment), the English TV channel have recorded a string of live errors
Last night, they cut away to the French bench just as Benzema scored what would have been France’s 6th goal in their 5-2 win over Switzerland, so the viewers missed the spectacular and harshly disallowed goal, and instead saw manager Deschamps celebrating.
Adrian Chiles apologized in the post-match analysis, though to be fair in this case it genuinely wasn’t their fault.
(Via Daily Mail)
- Updated: June 21, 2014