- Hartlepool release official statement regarding rumours surrounding Ched Evans
- Cristiano Ronaldo is presented with a new statue in Madeira. Sadly it’s not very good [Pictures]
- Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo DID shake Michel Platini’s hand [Picture & Video]
- Newcastle v Sunderland [Team Sheets]
- AC Milan’s Jeremy Menez flicked Daniele De Rossi’s balls during 0-0 draw with Roma [GIF]
Another Blunder! ITV forced to apologize for missing Karim Benzema’s (France) late disallowed goal v Switzerland
ITV’s live TV mistakes are now legion, becoming the stuff of broadcast legend.
Dating back to missing a goal during England v USA at the last World Cup (cutting away an inexplicably showing a car ad at the key moment), the English TV channel have recorded a string of live errors
Last night, they cut away to the French bench just as Benzema scored what would have been France’s 6th goal in their 5-2 win over Switzerland, so the viewers missed the spectacular and harshly disallowed goal, and instead saw manager Deschamps celebrating.
Adrian Chiles apologized in the post-match analysis, though to be fair in this case it genuinely wasn’t their fault.
(Via Daily Mail)
- Updated: June 21, 2014