Another Belgian?! Tottenham bid €7m for Nacer Chadli, FC Twente holding out for €9m
- July 10, 2013
If reports in Belgium and Holland are to be believed this morning, Tottenham could well have four high-profile Belgians at White Hart Lane next season.
Along with Jan Vertonghen and Mousa Dembele, very much first choice players under Andre Villas-Boas, Spurs have been heavily linked with want away Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke and now have made a bid for FC Twente midfielder Nacer Chadli.
FC Twente are negotiating with Spurs who have reportedly offered 7 million euros initially. The Dutch club are holding out for 9 million.
With just one year left on his contract in Holland, Chadli looks likely to become Tottenham’s second high-profile signing of the summer after Brazilian midfielder Paulinho.
Swansea, Juventus, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund and Lokomotiv Moscow have all been linked with Chadli this summer.
Twente are planning to sign Monterrey winger Jesús Manuel Corona to replace Chadli.
Chadli, 23, will likely compete with Aaron Lennon and Andros Townsend for a spot in a wide forward position at Spurs.
In 2012/2013, Chadli scored 12 goals in 26 Eredivisie matches for Twente.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi