Anfield Bound? French international Yann M’Vila sat with Liverpool fans at Goodison Park on Saturday [Pictures]
For well over 12 months now Yann M’Vila has been linked with a move to the Premier League. But is the French international midfielder heading to Anfield?
Over the course of the past few seasons, M’Vila’s stock has rapidly plummeted after following a series of off-the-field problems, injuries and a failure to break into the French starting XI at Euro 2012.
The headline disciplinary problem came when M’Vila went to a nightclub before a France U21 game, the French Football Federarion decided to ban him from representing his country until 2014.
Yet taking all these problems into consideration, at just 23, M’Vila still has everything to succeed in English football. At 6.0ft tall, well built and known for being a dogged holding midfielder, he should adjust with no problem to the Premier League.
With that in mind, Liverpool fans now believe their club could be set to sign M’Vila this January after the player was spotted sitting alongside Reds fans during the Merseyside derby on Saturday.
Yann M’Vila is currently a Rennes player, and it is understood the high-prized midfielder has a £16.6m buyout clause.
A few pictures of Yann M’Vila sat with Liverpool fans at Goodison Park are below, along with video evidence of the player.
Watch Live Stream
- Jurgen Klopp chats to Gary Lineker about his philosophy, winter breaks and Dortmund days (Video)August 26, 2016
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 26, 2016
- Phil Coutinho a major doubt for Tottenham v Liverpool [Liverpool Echo]August 26, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admits that he doesn’t want to play Sturridge out wide (Video)August 25, 2016
- Real Madrid starlet Martin Odegaard set for loan spell at Rennes [L’Equipe]August 14, 2016
- Liverpool & Borussia Dortmund slug it out for one of hottest teenagers in Europe [Guardian]May 11, 2016
- Rennes striker Ousmane Dembele makes it overtly clear on social media he’s joining Borussia DortmundMay 4, 2016
- Rennes striker Ousmane Dembele hints that a deal to Borussia Dortmund is done on social mediaMay 4, 2016