Andy Zaltzman discusses Messi being a peripheral figure in the final edition of World Cup MisHits
- July 16, 2014
Andy Zaltzman is never one to avoid telling it as it is and he’s done so again in the final edition of World Cup MisHits, a show which shines a light on glorious and hideous alike when it comes to this World Cup.
A target of his criticism in this episode is Argentina captain Lionel Messi, as well as his teammate Gonzalo Higuain.
Messi was subjected to a backlash for undesrevedly receiving the World Cup Golden Ball, an accolade for the tournament’s best player.
But that farce just gave a platform to the fact that Messi wasn’t at his best beyond the group stage. He was on the periphery. In fact, Zaltzman says that at times he was on the periphery of the periphery!
But Messi isn’t the only player to receive flack with Zaltzman saying his teammates were just as bad for relying so heavily on him.
You can hear his views below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...