Andy Zaltzman discusses Messi being a peripheral figure in the final edition of World Cup MisHits
- July 16, 2014
Andy Zaltzman is never one to avoid telling it as it is and he’s done so again in the final edition of World Cup MisHits, a show which shines a light on glorious and hideous alike when it comes to this World Cup.
A target of his criticism in this episode is Argentina captain Lionel Messi, as well as his teammate Gonzalo Higuain.
Messi was subjected to a backlash for undesrevedly receiving the World Cup Golden Ball, an accolade for the tournament’s best player.
But that farce just gave a platform to the fact that Messi wasn’t at his best beyond the group stage. He was on the periphery. In fact, Zaltzman says that at times he was on the periphery of the periphery!
But Messi isn’t the only player to receive flack with Zaltzman saying his teammates were just as bad for relying so heavily on him.
You can hear his views below.
- Atletico Madrid’s Angel Correa scores within 3 minutes of Argentina debut (Video)
- Lionel Messi scores brace in Argentina’s 7-0 win over Bolivia (Videos)
- High foot: Emmanuel Más sent off for outrageous stamp to the head in Argentina (Video)
- Leo Messi’s school in Rosario honour the Barca star with giant hand-painted tribu...
- “Eternal friend”: Diego Maradona posts about re-uniting with England-Argent...
- Man United & Man City stars selected for Argentina’s latest squad, Erik Lame...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...