- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Andros Townsend Tweet suggests winger is staying at Spurs
Any1 got a decent spurs pic of me that i can use as my display picture??
— andros townsend (@andros_townsend) June 24, 2013
Tottenham winger Andros Townsend has had an interesting 2013 so far.
Townsend was terrific under former Spurs boss Harry Redknapp at relegated QPR at the back end of 2012/2013, one of the bright spots in a side that struggled in the Premier League.
Despite only playing for QPR for half a season, the Rangers supporters named Townsend their player of the season.
Yet, all the great performances were somewhat undone when Townsend received a four-month ban (three months suspended) for breaching betting regulations.
Townsend missed the Under-21 European Championships, where in truth he couldn’t have done much worse than any of Stuart Pearce’s side and paid a fine of 18,000 pounds.
Today, a Tweet from Townsend suggests he is very much part of Andre Villas-Boas’ plans next season, as he asked his followers for a new profile picture.
Previously, Townsend appeared in a QPR kit on Twitter.
- Updated: June 24, 2013