- PSV’s Marcel Brands says big teams are circling Memphis Depay. Man United & Spurs name-checked [VI]
- Chelsea’s stars & their wives attended Didier Drogba’s Charity Ball after the Man United game [Pictures]
- Former Liverpool keeper Diego Cavalieri horribly missed a penalty for Fluminense [Videos]
- Arsenal fans slam Wojciech Szczesny after the FA Cup win v Reading [Videos]
- Oscar’s sister got a picture with Eden Hazard after Chelsea’s win v Man United [Instagram]
Andros Townsend Tweet suggests winger is staying at Spurs
- June 24, 2013
Any1 got a decent spurs pic of me that i can use as my display picture??
— andros townsend (@andros_townsend) June 24, 2013
Tottenham winger Andros Townsend has had an interesting 2013 so far.
Townsend was terrific under former Spurs boss Harry Redknapp at relegated QPR at the back end of 2012/2013, one of the bright spots in a side that struggled in the Premier League.
Despite only playing for QPR for half a season, the Rangers supporters named Townsend their player of the season.
Yet, all the great performances were somewhat undone when Townsend received a four-month ban (three months suspended) for breaching betting regulations.
Townsend missed the Under-21 European Championships, where in truth he couldn’t have done much worse than any of Stuart Pearce’s side and paid a fine of 18,000 pounds.
Today, a Tweet from Townsend suggests he is very much part of Andre Villas-Boas’ plans next season, as he asked his followers for a new profile picture.
Previously, Townsend appeared in a QPR kit on Twitter.