- FIFA & the Qatar World Cup bid are torn to shreds on Have I Got News for You [Official Video]
- Luke Shaw’s injury worse than 1st thought, he maybe out for Man United for 6 weeks [Telegraph]
- Real Madrid close in on €15m Cruzeiro midfielder Lucas Silva, Sami Khedira is off [Marca]
- YouTube channel Trollstation upload video of their Tottenham v Partizan pitch invaders
- Superclasico: River Plate beat Boca Juniors to reach the Copa Sudamericana final [Highlights]
Andros Townsend Tweet suggests winger is staying at Spurs
Any1 got a decent spurs pic of me that i can use as my display picture??
— andros townsend (@andros_townsend) June 24, 2013
Tottenham winger Andros Townsend has had an interesting 2013 so far.
Townsend was terrific under former Spurs boss Harry Redknapp at relegated QPR at the back end of 2012/2013, one of the bright spots in a side that struggled in the Premier League.
Despite only playing for QPR for half a season, the Rangers supporters named Townsend their player of the season.
Yet, all the great performances were somewhat undone when Townsend received a four-month ban (three months suspended) for breaching betting regulations.
Townsend missed the Under-21 European Championships, where in truth he couldn’t have done much worse than any of Stuart Pearce’s side and paid a fine of 18,000 pounds.
Today, a Tweet from Townsend suggests he is very much part of Andre Villas-Boas’ plans next season, as he asked his followers for a new profile picture.
Previously, Townsend appeared in a QPR kit on Twitter.
- Updated: June 24, 2013