- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas hits back at Sergio Ramos’ Spain criticisms: ‘Say it to my face!’ [Sport]
- “Amazing! Top football!” Jose Mourinho on Chelsea’s 5-0 win at Schalke [Video]
- Man City fly in Monaco’s Layvin Kurzawa on a private jet, but left-back sees Bayern game in his hotel
- Enfield’s Edgar Davids! Spurs fans have prepared a new Ryan Mason flag!
- Man United may move for Wesley Sneijder after he was dropped by Galatasaray [Star]
Andros Townsend jokes on Twitter about Kevin Phillips’ pronunciation of Gylfi Sigurdsson
— andros townsend (@andros_townsend) March 24, 2014
After Gylfi Sigurdsson’s late winner for Tottenham against Southampton on Sunday, Kevin Phillips was left in a bit of a pickle!
Phillips, a pundit on Sky Sports, pronounced Gylfi Sigurdsson in hilarious fashion on live television.
Somehow, Phillips butchered Gylfi Sigurdsson’s name to such an extent that it sounded like “siluf gudjersson”.
Spurs winger Andros Townsend, who came on as a late second half substitute, Tweeted about Phillips’ pronunciation on Monday morning.
Townsend also tagged former team mate Steven Caulker, perhaps the defender, now at Cardiff, also had similar problems!
- Updated: March 24, 2014