Andros Townsend jokes on Twitter about Kevin Phillips’ pronunciation of Gylfi Sigurdsson
— andros townsend (@andros_townsend) March 24, 2014
After Gylfi Sigurdsson’s late winner for Tottenham against Southampton on Sunday, Kevin Phillips was left in a bit of a pickle!
Phillips, a pundit on Sky Sports, pronounced Gylfi Sigurdsson in hilarious fashion on live television.
Somehow, Phillips butchered Gylfi Sigurdsson’s name to such an extent that it sounded like “siluf gudjersson”.
Spurs winger Andros Townsend, who came on as a late second half substitute, Tweeted about Phillips’ pronunciation on Monday morning.
Townsend also tagged former team mate Steven Caulker, perhaps the defender, now at Cardiff, also had similar problems!
Watch Live Stream
- Andros Townsend & Karl Darlow on Newcastle’s win over Crystal Palace (Video)April 30th, 2016
- Fan Footage: Andros Townsend’s brilliant free-kick for Newcastle v Crystal Palace (videos)April 30th, 2016
- Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez on a massive win over Crystal Palace (Video)April 30th, 2016
- Paul Merson reacts to ‘Andre’ Townsend’s goal for Newcastle v Crystal Palace (V...April 30th, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund target Swansea star Gylfi Sigurdsson [Sun]April 25th, 2016
- FPL GW31: Double gameweeks, Leicester & Man City concerns & is it time to captain Sigur...March 17th, 2016
- Gylfi Sigurdsson gives Iceland the lead in Holland; Cillessen still can’t save penalties (V...September 3rd, 2015
- Ex-Arsenal man Martin Keown panned for saying Alfie Sigurdsson is good for Swansea [Vine & T...April 26th, 2015
- Barcelona have decided to release Spurs target Sandro Ramirez [Mail]May 24th, 2016
- LVG was trying to sign Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen before Man United sacked him [PA]May 24th, 2016
- Spurs have a verbal agreement to sign Sao Paulo striker Jonathan Calleri, claims dad [Yahoo Brasil]May 23rd, 2016
- Tottenham’s Danny Rose seemed to have an accident in his shorts v TurkeyMay 22nd, 2016