Andros Townsend jokes on Twitter about Kevin Phillips’ pronunciation of Gylfi Sigurdsson
- March 24, 2014
— andros townsend (@andros_townsend) March 24, 2014
After Gylfi Sigurdsson’s late winner for Tottenham against Southampton on Sunday, Kevin Phillips was left in a bit of a pickle!
Phillips, a pundit on Sky Sports, pronounced Gylfi Sigurdsson in hilarious fashion on live television.
Somehow, Phillips butchered Gylfi Sigurdsson’s name to such an extent that it sounded like “siluf gudjersson”.
Spurs winger Andros Townsend, who came on as a late second half substitute, Tweeted about Phillips’ pronunciation on Monday morning.
Townsend also tagged former team mate Steven Caulker, perhaps the defender, now at Cardiff, also had similar problems!
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...