Andros Townsend jokes on Twitter about Kevin Phillips’ pronunciation of Gylfi Sigurdsson
- March 24, 2014
— andros townsend (@andros_townsend) March 24, 2014
After Gylfi Sigurdsson’s late winner for Tottenham against Southampton on Sunday, Kevin Phillips was left in a bit of a pickle!
Phillips, a pundit on Sky Sports, pronounced Gylfi Sigurdsson in hilarious fashion on live television.
Somehow, Phillips butchered Gylfi Sigurdsson’s name to such an extent that it sounded like “siluf gudjersson”.
Spurs winger Andros Townsend, who came on as a late second half substitute, Tweeted about Phillips’ pronunciation on Monday morning.
Townsend also tagged former team mate Steven Caulker, perhaps the defender, now at Cardiff, also had similar problems!
- Spurs winger Andros Townsend shows off his shooting accuracy in target practice drill (...
- Tim Sherwood says Villa are still looking for signings, hints at two Tottenham players ...
- Andy & Andros Townsend get destroyed on Twitter during first half of Slovenia v En...
- Andros Townsend reveals himself as a Pokemon fan in Teammates Quiz with Ryan Mason [Video]
- Roberto Soldado teaches his Spurs teammate Andros Townsend how to dive [Instagram Video]
- Andros Townsend and Nacer Chadli answer questions in a Google+ hangout [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...