Andros Townsend jokes on Twitter about Kevin Phillips’ pronunciation of Gylfi Sigurdsson
— andros townsend (@andros_townsend) March 24, 2014
After Gylfi Sigurdsson’s late winner for Tottenham against Southampton on Sunday, Kevin Phillips was left in a bit of a pickle!
Phillips, a pundit on Sky Sports, pronounced Gylfi Sigurdsson in hilarious fashion on live television.
Somehow, Phillips butchered Gylfi Sigurdsson’s name to such an extent that it sounded like “siluf gudjersson”.
Spurs winger Andros Townsend, who came on as a late second half substitute, Tweeted about Phillips’ pronunciation on Monday morning.
Townsend also tagged former team mate Steven Caulker, perhaps the defender, now at Cardiff, also had similar problems!
Watch Live Stream
- Andros Townsend thanks Newcastle fans on Instagram after signing for Crystal PalaceJuly 1, 2016
- Marseille’s Michy Batshuayi & Newcastle’s Andros Townsend close to Selhurst Park moves [Papers]June 28, 2016
- Redman TV anlayse rumours linking Newcastle’s Andros Townsend to Liverpool (Video)June 21, 2016
- Liverpool & Man City target England winger [Telegraph]June 21, 2016
- Gylfi Sigurdsson on his new Swansea contract (Video)August 2, 2016
- Wayne Rooney accused of punching Gylfi Sigurdsson in the face [MBL]June 29, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund target Swansea star Gylfi Sigurdsson [Sun]April 25, 2016
- FPL GW31: Double gameweeks, Leicester & Man City concerns & is it time to captain Sigurdsson?March 17, 2016
- Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha posts cryptic message on Instagram amid Spurs interestAugust 30, 2016
- James to Chelsea & Isco to Spurs still possible [Marca]August 30, 2016
- The Times think Tottenham will sign two players before the window closesAugust 30, 2016
- EA Sports reveal FIFA 17 ratings after getting James, Rashford and co. to rate themselves (Video)August 29, 2016