- Robinho scores silky solo effort after bamboozling defence with step-overs [Video]
- David Moyes was spotted chatting to Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre at Turf Moor
- Beast! Julio Baptista scores a belter from a cleared Cafu cross in charity game [Video]
- Claude reacts to Arsenal win: My blood pressure pills were coming out again [Video]
- Santa beard! Neymar scores classy goal in charity match before celebrating like a cockroach [Video]
Andros Townsend jokes on Twitter about Kevin Phillips’ pronunciation of Gylfi Sigurdsson
— andros townsend (@andros_townsend) March 24, 2014
After Gylfi Sigurdsson’s late winner for Tottenham against Southampton on Sunday, Kevin Phillips was left in a bit of a pickle!
Phillips, a pundit on Sky Sports, pronounced Gylfi Sigurdsson in hilarious fashion on live television.
Somehow, Phillips butchered Gylfi Sigurdsson’s name to such an extent that it sounded like “siluf gudjersson”.
Spurs winger Andros Townsend, who came on as a late second half substitute, Tweeted about Phillips’ pronunciation on Monday morning.
Townsend also tagged former team mate Steven Caulker, perhaps the defender, now at Cardiff, also had similar problems!
- Updated: March 24, 2014