- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Andriy Shevchenko offered $100,000 a game to play for Indonesia’s Mitra Kukar
An attention grabbing transfer report is breaking out of Indonesia, with news that 36-year-old Andriy Shevchenko could be lured out of retirement for a mega pay day.
Shevchenko donned the jersey of AC Milan last weekend as a team of Rossoneri legends played an exhibition match against an Indonesian All Stars XI.
Milan ran out 4-2 winners in Jakarta with goals from Serginho (2), Andriy Shevchenko and Maurizio Ganz getting them over the winning line.
After the match Mitra Kukar manager Roni Fauzan told reporters that his side, newly promoted into the country’s top flight, had officially declared an interest in the former Chelsea hitman.
Obviously we’re interested in Shevchenko, but we have to continue to discuss this question, particularly the financial aspects. Andrey has made clear that he is not against joining Mitra Kukar, but at the moment we don’t know how much he’ll be able to play. We’d like to invite Andrey for 10 games, but he apparently is happy to play no more than five times.
The problem is about the duration he can play for Mitra Kukar. Regarding the contract fee, I think we can provide the funds, but we need to speak with the management.
Reports suggest that Shevchenko will receive Rp1 billion ($103,702) per match should he join Mitra Kukar.
Watch highlights of AC Milan legends 4 – Indonesia All Stars 2 below, with Shevchenko’s goal 3.25 minutes in.
Below the fold is a screengrab from Mitra Kukar’s Wikipedia page, which has already been doctored to show Shevchenko’s imminent arrival.
- Updated: February 11, 2013