Andrea Pirlo v Luis Suarez: Who scored the better free-kick? [Video comparison & GIFs]
- June 17, 2013
Three Confederations Cup matches and three Golazos.
Tahiti v Nigeria has a lot to live up to!
After Neymar in the Confederations Cup opening match, Andrea Pirlo and Luis Suarez scored quality free-kicks on Sunday.
Pirlo marked his 100th cap for Italy with a brilliant curling free-kick – but why, as many of you have wondered, did Mexico keeper Jose Corona move his hand out the way?
Luis Suarez then followed suit to halve the deficit for Uruguay in their defeat to Spain, showing yet again why Real Madrid want to sign the striker.
Have a vote in our poll below on which free-kick was better, followed by GIFs of both free-kicks and a comparison video of the technique involved.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...