Andrea Pirlo v Luis Suarez: Who scored the better free-kick? [Video comparison & GIFs]
- June 17, 2013
Three Confederations Cup matches and three Golazos.
Tahiti v Nigeria has a lot to live up to!
After Neymar in the Confederations Cup opening match, Andrea Pirlo and Luis Suarez scored quality free-kicks on Sunday.
Pirlo marked his 100th cap for Italy with a brilliant curling free-kick – but why, as many of you have wondered, did Mexico keeper Jose Corona move his hand out the way?
Luis Suarez then followed suit to halve the deficit for Uruguay in their defeat to Spain, showing yet again why Real Madrid want to sign the striker.
Have a vote in our poll below on which free-kick was better, followed by GIFs of both free-kicks and a comparison video of the technique involved.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi