Anderlecht’s keeper breaks his leg, and is then dropped from the stretcher
- November 30, 2008
Below is classic footage from Friday night’sÂ game in Belgium’s Jupiler League, although Anderlecht’s keeper Daniel Zitka is unlikely to be seeing the funny side.
The Czech Republic international broke the fibula in his left leg in an accident during a goalmouth scramble in the second half, and so bad was the collision that the keeper reportedly also lost two teeth in the incident as well. But, sadly for Zitka that was only the beginning of his pain.
As the medical staff came to his aid, carrying the number one off the pitch, one of the medics lost their footing, slipped, and the keeper was tossed from the stretcher back onto the floor. Charlie Chaplin would have been proud of such slapstick comedy.
Unable to hold back their laughter, the Belgium commentators laughed at the incident to the humour of the watching audience at home.
See the incident here.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...