Ander Herrera’s move to Man United held up by paperwork problem, but the deal is still on [Cadena Ser]
The excellent Sport Witness have picked up on a handful of tweets posted by Cadena Ser journalist Iñigo Markinez overnight, which explain to Manchester United fans why Ander Herrera’s to Manchester United hasn’t yet happened.
Earlier in the week, news agencies in Spain and England were both announcing that Manchester United had paid Ander Herrera’s €36m buy-out clause, and the player’s move from Athletic Bilbao was certain.
Yet, as of Thursday morning, Louis van Gaal has been unable to get his first Old Trafford signing over the line, and it’s now come to light that “technical problems” are holding up the deal.
According to Iñigo Markinez, who worked for the new outlet who first broke the Herrera-to-United story, paperwork problems are to blame.
Apparently, the documentation issued by Man United to the Spanish football authorities had some “technical problems” on them, and that is holding the deal up.
The happy news for Man United supporters is that Iñigo Markinez remains convinced the transfer can be wrapped up before the weekend.
Read Iñigo Markinez’s tweets on the hold up of Ander Herrera’s move to Manchester United below.
- Man United’s Ander Herrera gives credit to Louis van Gaal for superb penalty v Li...
- Man United fans celebrate as Ander Herrera finally handed PL start v Swansea [Tweets]
- Man United fan claims Ander Herrera was key to 4-0 win against Club Brugge (Video)
- Man United stars played football tennis at unveiling of new away shirts (video)
- Raphael Varane’s last-ditch tackle on Aritz Aduriz is a thing of beauty (Video)
- Athletic Bilbao 1 – Real Madrid 2: Karim Benzema continues his purple patch (High...
- Bilbao attacker Iker Muniain hits amazing trick shot through basketball hoop (Video)
- Referee brutally took out Mallorca defender Lucas Alvedano during 3-1 defeat (Vine)
- Pele reveals the clubs that made offers to Santos for him, a Premier League giant among...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- After Jurgen Klopp, will Shinji Kagawa be next? Liverpool fans hope to sign Man United ...