- Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford scores classy equaliser for Middlesbrough at Wigan
- Incredible goalkeeper throw assist from Iran! Alireza Beiranvand (Naft Tehran) v Tractor Sazi [Video]
- Steward took ‘Wenger Out’ poster out an Arsenal fan’s hands at the Man United game [Pictures]
- RISK FREE: Back Southampton to beat Aston Villa at 5/1 + money back if you lose!!!!
- Awesome scissors kick Golazo! Yann Kermorgant for Bournemouth v Ipswich
Ander Herrera’s move to Man United held up by paperwork problem, but the deal is still on [Cadena Ser]
The excellent Sport Witness have picked up on a handful of tweets posted by Cadena Ser journalist Iñigo Markinez overnight, which explain to Manchester United fans why Ander Herrera’s to Manchester United hasn’t yet happened.
Earlier in the week, news agencies in Spain and England were both announcing that Manchester United had paid Ander Herrera’s €36m buy-out clause, and the player’s move from Athletic Bilbao was certain.
Yet, as of Thursday morning, Louis van Gaal has been unable to get his first Old Trafford signing over the line, and it’s now come to light that “technical problems” are holding up the deal.
According to Iñigo Markinez, who worked for the new outlet who first broke the Herrera-to-United story, paperwork problems are to blame.
Apparently, the documentation issued by Man United to the Spanish football authorities had some “technical problems” on them, and that is holding the deal up.
The happy news for Man United supporters is that Iñigo Markinez remains convinced the transfer can be wrapped up before the weekend.
Read Iñigo Markinez’s tweets on the hold up of Ander Herrera’s move to Manchester United below.
- Updated: June 26, 2014