- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
An incredible bicycle-kick you won’t have seen: Alexandre Oliveira (Londrina) vs Iraty
- February 6, 2012
One of the great things about the regional tournaments that kick-off every Brazilian season is that a variety of teams that are usually ignored get their moments in the sun.
In that context we can bring you one of the acrobatic goals of the season so far.
Sunday saw Iraty draw 1-1 with Londrina in the Campeonato Paranaense, and the opener scored by the visitors was truly breathtaking.
It looked impossible for Londrina striker Alexandre Oliveira to score as a right wing cross was fizzed into the marksman, as he was stationed with his back to goal and with a defender for company. But that only raised the quality of the golazo which duly unfolded.
After flicking the ball up with a beautifully cushioned first touch, Oliveira executed an incredible bicycle-kick from the edge of the Iraty box that flew like a tomahawk into the far top corner.
Related link: Other golazos from last weekend across some of the world’s minor leagues included Roberto Torres’s lob for Osasuna B and Nahuel Fioretto halfway-line golazo for Boca Unidos.