- Arsenal picked up some unwanted statistics in draw at Liverpool [Graphic]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger regrets conceding stoppage time equaliser to Liverpool [Video]
- Martin Skrtel & Adam Lallana post match interview after Liverpool 2 – Arsenal 2 [Video]
- Arsenal man Per Mertesacker mauled for ducking out of Martin Skrtel’s equaliser [Pic & Tweets]
- Arsenal slammed for poor defending on Liverpool’s equaliser [Tweets]
A German amateur match shows why football shouldn’t be played on an American football pitch
A hilariously bad mistake from a referee lead to a shocking goal during an German amateur match last Friday.
Altona 93 beat Vier- und Marschlande 3-1 last weekend in Hamburg’s Oberliga division, yet the opening goal in the match was an utter disgrace.
After a long punt downfield from a goal kick, the ball fell to Altona 93 striker Patrick Westermann 30-yards from goal. Westermann went on to smash a half-volley effort towards the Vier- und Marschlande net, however visiting keeper Marcel Kindler made a super one handed stop to push the ball over the bar.
Then came the craziness.
Playing on an American football pitch, Kindler’s save directed the ball onto crossbar of the American football goal, and the ball ended up rebounding back into play.
Incredibly the referee waved play on, and Altona 93 centre-forward Beytullah Atug capitalised on the official’s mistake to smash the ball into the net.
Watch evidence of why football shouldn’t be played on an American football pitch below.
- Updated: May 22, 2013