- “They must hate me here”: Adam Johnson interview after Newcastle 0 – Sunderland 1 [Video]
- Brilliant! Sunderland’s Adam Johnson trolled Newcastle’s Jack Colback after 1-0 win [Picture]
- Liverpool v Arsenal [Team Sheets]
- Thumping golazo! Fiorentina star Juan Manuel Vargas nets scorcher v Empoli [Vine & Video]
- Palermo’s Franco Vazquez scored a sweet 30-yard lob v Atalanta, in off the bar [Video]
An 11-year-old girl is slammed for singing the worst USA national anthem ever (DC United v LA Galaxy)
Poor Harper Gruzins.
A sweet, blonde 11-year-old girl has found herself coming under a barrage of criticism following a horrible rendition of the USA national anthem over the weekend in the MLS.
The little Texan lass attracted a shedload of abuse after she mangled the Star-Spangled Banner in front of a live stadium and TV audience.
Unfortunately for Gruzins, her decision to warble the national anthem with long, drawn out notes and pauses went down like a lead balloon, and the budding singer/songwriter has now grabbed the limelight for all the wrong reasons.
Whether it’s fair play to attack the kid is now a discussion being had by many US blogs and websites, with many quick to point out that Harper Gruzins unfortunately has set herself up for a fall by having a custom website that boasts: Harper’s captivating performances, soulful voice, and ability to write good music will eventually land her next in line to superstardom!
Watch Harper Gruzins butcher the American anthem below.
- Updated: July 30, 2012