Amazing! Ronaldo Peña (Venezuela U17s) pulls off a “Redondo heel trick” v Brazil
- April 18, 2013
The ongoing Sudamericano Under-17 tournament is producing some fantastic moments.
Sebastián Driussi’s sensational overhead kick for Argentina against Uruguay on Wednesday night quickly travelled across the globe.
And, Driussi was not the only youngster pulling off some technical brilliance.
Venezuela Under-17s came back from 1-0 down to draw 1-1 with Brazil thanks to a penalty from Andres Ponce.
In the build up to the Venezuela equaliser, Ronaldo Peña looks to have made a name for himself with a piece of skill rarely seen at any level.
It was of course made famous by Fernando Redondo, who showed off a majestic back heel trick on Henning Berg, against Manchester United at Old Trafford, in the Champions League in 2000.
As soon as Peña tricks his way to the byline, the commentators cite Redondo’s piece of magic and whilst this didn’t have a direct impact on the hand ball that secured the Venezuela spot kick, it may well have unsettled the Brazil defence.
The brilliant Tekkers is on the video below. Great stuff! After the Ronaldo Peña magic is the original Fernando Redondo brilliance at Old Trafford.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]