Amazing! Ronaldo Peña (Venezuela U17s) pulls off a “Redondo heel trick” v Brazil
- April 18, 2013
The ongoing Sudamericano Under-17 tournament is producing some fantastic moments.
Sebastián Driussi’s sensational overhead kick for Argentina against Uruguay on Wednesday night quickly travelled across the globe.
And, Driussi was not the only youngster pulling off some technical brilliance.
Venezuela Under-17s came back from 1-0 down to draw 1-1 with Brazil thanks to a penalty from Andres Ponce.
In the build up to the Venezuela equaliser, Ronaldo Peña looks to have made a name for himself with a piece of skill rarely seen at any level.
It was of course made famous by Fernando Redondo, who showed off a majestic back heel trick on Henning Berg, against Manchester United at Old Trafford, in the Champions League in 2000.
As soon as Peña tricks his way to the byline, the commentators cite Redondo’s piece of magic and whilst this didn’t have a direct impact on the hand ball that secured the Venezuela spot kick, it may well have unsettled the Brazil defence.
The brilliant Tekkers is on the video below. Great stuff! After the Ronaldo Peña magic is the original Fernando Redondo brilliance at Old Trafford.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...