Amazing Audio: Paddy Crerand goes mad with a BBC question that Manchester United celebrated in poor form at the Etihad
- December 10, 2012
The morning after Sunday’s incredible Manchester derby, the big issue in much of the English media remains the fact that Rio Ferdinand was hit by a coin during the Red Devils’ dramatic injury time winner.
In that context, the BBC’s radio Five Live breakfast show almost managed to give Manchester United legend Paddy Crerand an aneurysm during their Monday morning show after the broadcasters asked the MUTV pundit whether Rio Ferdinand shouldered any blame for the way the incident played out.
Crerand’s reaction was furious.
BBC: “We’ve had a lot of people getting in touch after the match saying that the players need to take responsibility. Stop celebrating in front of opposing fans and stoking things up.”
Crerand: “That is ridiculous!.. What planet do they live on!… That is absolute rubbish!… Absolute garbage!… How many people called you up?”
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi