- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Alvaro Negredo does a Q&A with fans: “I don’t want to leave Man City, I’m very happy here”
Alvaro Negredo has put an end to speculation about him leaving Manchester City this summer by saying he doesn’t want to depart England and that he’s very happy at the club.
Negredo was doing a question and answers session with fans and the first question was the one on everyone’s lips – does he want to leave Manchester City?
Negredo, to his credit, didn’t attempt to dodge the query, saying that he didn’t want to leave and that the reason for the speculation of a return home was due to his struggles in the second half of last season.
He said: “I don’t want to leave City. I’m very happy and settled here. I had a difficult end to the season and that’s why there has been a lot of talking but I’ve been very happy here since the first day I arrived.”
You can watch the full Q&A session in the video below.
- Updated: July 15, 2014