Alvaro Negredo deserves some love for his nonchalant dummy from Fernandinho pass to let Kun Aguero through to score (v West Ham)
- October 21, 2013
[gthumb id=”366762″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Alvaro Negredo’s dummy on Sergio Aguero’s opener against West Ham was so good that it’s nearly gone unnoticed, and it’s time to right that wrong.
In fact, it was such a good dummy that it wasn’t even a dummy, if you follow.
Normally a dummy entails a deliberate stepover over leaving the ball behind; but Negredo just walked past Fernandinho’s through ball like a man watching a dog walk past him in the park, as the pass slid smoothly through like a golfing putt on a glass-like green.
So nonchalant, so effective.
The entire West Ham defence were expecting him to receive the pass, but he instead telepathically left it, aware as he was that Kun was ahead of him, on the same wavelength, onside, and in prime position to steal in and score.
The only shame is that such an effective dummy will never show on the records; this was so good it should be awared an honorary and symbolic assist.
That will never happen though, so just show it some love by sitting back and enjoying it!
[gthumb id=”366376″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...