American Hero: Landon Donovan becomes 1st US player to reach half-century with 51st goal v Guatemala
- July 6, 2013
Landon Donovan is as American as Macaroni and Cheese, Monday Night Football, and Hooters.
Revered Stateside for his great American pride as much as his play play on the pitch, Donovan is now a true legend of US soccer after scoring his 50th and 51st international goals against Guatemala on Friday night, becoming the player from the ‘USMNT’ to reach the half century in the process.
Donovan reached the half-century milestone from the spot, cheekily tapping it straight down the middle, with an almost mini-Panenka, a la Neeskens.
The outpouring of joy and congratulations from his team mates showed just how high esteem Donovan is held within Team USA.
His second, to make it 51, was a classic striker’s finish.
Watch All-American Hero Landon Donovan reach the half-century milestone for the US on the clips below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...