Alexis Sanchez weighing up offers: Arsenal have made the higher bid, Chilean prefers Juventus [Marca]
- July 8, 2014
Considering how many reports there have been in the past few days, it will come as some relief to many that Marca report on Tuesday that Alexis Sanchez will decide his next club by the end of the week.
The Chilean World Cup star is now surplus to requirements at Barcelona with Luis Suarez due imminently at the Nou Camp and the Catalans keen for a big fee.
Marca report that “Alexis Sanchez is very close to leaving Barcelona.”
Sanchez has left his holiday to return to Barcelona and is currently weighing up his offers.
Arsenal have made the most significant bid for Sanchez, of at least 40 million euros, according to Marca.
But, “the option of Juventus is still on the table” and Marca add that Sanchez would prefer a return to Serie A where he made his name with Udinese.
Finally, Marca announce that Barcelona are keen to close up this transfer and the signing of Luis Suarez this week.
As much of the English media are now reporting: Liverpool are no longer in the race for Sanchez as he was unwilling to live on Merseyside.
It feels like Barcelona are hopeful of a bigger bid from Juventus which might force The Old Lady to sell one of their star players, e.g. Paul Pogba or Arturo Vidal. Or, the Serie A champions will leave the way clear for Arsenal…
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...