Alexis Sanchez may go to Arsenal as Liverpool only want cash from Barca for Luis Suarez [Mundo Deportivo]
- July 3, 2014
The front page of Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo have an update on the Luis Suarez transfer from Liverpool to Barcelona.
Dedicating the vast majority of their front page to the hot button transfer story, MD details how day one of negotiations
Whilst it’s noted that Liverpool clearly regard Suarez as a top, top player, day one of talks are said to have been “very positive”.
Moreover, there has been one major development in the deal, as MD confidently claim that Liverpool have shot down the notion of taking cash and a player in exchange for Suarez. Put another way, Liverpool only want to do a money deal with the Catalans, which seems to be the death knell in all the paper talk linking Alexis Sanchez with the Reds.
It’s worth pointing out that the Daily Star on Thursday link Arsenal with a £30 million swoop for Barca’s Chilean forward Sanchez, and together with the update in MD, it feels like the Gunners may indeed be in pole position for Alexis.
Finally MD further boost belief that Suarez will be at the Camp Nou come the start of next season claiming “the operation progresses because both parties are interested in making the deal happen”.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...