Alexis Sanchez may go to Arsenal as Liverpool only want cash from Barca for Luis Suarez [Mundo Deportivo]
- July 3, 2014
The front page of Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo have an update on the Luis Suarez transfer from Liverpool to Barcelona.
Dedicating the vast majority of their front page to the hot button transfer story, MD details how day one of negotiations
Whilst it’s noted that Liverpool clearly regard Suarez as a top, top player, day one of talks are said to have been “very positive”.
Moreover, there has been one major development in the deal, as MD confidently claim that Liverpool have shot down the notion of taking cash and a player in exchange for Suarez. Put another way, Liverpool only want to do a money deal with the Catalans, which seems to be the death knell in all the paper talk linking Alexis Sanchez with the Reds.
It’s worth pointing out that the Daily Star on Thursday link Arsenal with a £30 million swoop for Barca’s Chilean forward Sanchez, and together with the update in MD, it feels like the Gunners may indeed be in pole position for Alexis.
Finally MD further boost belief that Suarez will be at the Camp Nou come the start of next season claiming “the operation progresses because both parties are interested in making the deal happen”.
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- President of Turkish club Antalyaspor says Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are signin...
- Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta plays golf & does keepy uppies with Justin Rose [...
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi helped save the life of Argentine man kidnapped in Nigeria
- Sell-out: Barcelona legend Xavi backs Qatar to host a successful World Cup in 2022
- Barcelona will bid €80-90m for Juventus star Paul Pogba this week [Sport + Mundo Deport...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi