Alexis Sanchez may go to Arsenal as Liverpool only want cash from Barca for Luis Suarez [Mundo Deportivo]
- July 3, 2014
The front page of Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo have an update on the Luis Suarez transfer from Liverpool to Barcelona.
Dedicating the vast majority of their front page to the hot button transfer story, MD details how day one of negotiations
Whilst it’s noted that Liverpool clearly regard Suarez as a top, top player, day one of talks are said to have been “very positive”.
Moreover, there has been one major development in the deal, as MD confidently claim that Liverpool have shot down the notion of taking cash and a player in exchange for Suarez. Put another way, Liverpool only want to do a money deal with the Catalans, which seems to be the death knell in all the paper talk linking Alexis Sanchez with the Reds.
It’s worth pointing out that the Daily Star on Thursday link Arsenal with a £30 million swoop for Barca’s Chilean forward Sanchez, and together with the update in MD, it feels like the Gunners may indeed be in pole position for Alexis.
Finally MD further boost belief that Suarez will be at the Camp Nou come the start of next season claiming “the operation progresses because both parties are interested in making the deal happen”.
- Pedro’s mother says her son is leaving Barcelona, moving to England [Cadena Ser A...
- Back to business: Barcelona’s deadly MSN trio are reunited in training (Video)
- Barcelona president Jose Maria Bartomeu ‘does not foresee’ Pedro departure
- Barcelona fan cries hysterically as Pedro refuses to deny Man United links (Video)
- Messi returns to Barcelona training a week early along with Neymar (Video)
- Liverpool represantives in Barcelona to tie up loan deal for Adama Traore [RAC 1]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi