Alexis Sanchez may go to Arsenal as Liverpool only want cash from Barca for Luis Suarez [Mundo Deportivo]
- July 3, 2014
The front page of Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo have an update on the Luis Suarez transfer from Liverpool to Barcelona.
Dedicating the vast majority of their front page to the hot button transfer story, MD details how day one of negotiations
Whilst it’s noted that Liverpool clearly regard Suarez as a top, top player, day one of talks are said to have been “very positive”.
Moreover, there has been one major development in the deal, as MD confidently claim that Liverpool have shot down the notion of taking cash and a player in exchange for Suarez. Put another way, Liverpool only want to do a money deal with the Catalans, which seems to be the death knell in all the paper talk linking Alexis Sanchez with the Reds.
It’s worth pointing out that the Daily Star on Thursday link Arsenal with a £30 million swoop for Barca’s Chilean forward Sanchez, and together with the update in MD, it feels like the Gunners may indeed be in pole position for Alexis.
Finally MD further boost belief that Suarez will be at the Camp Nou come the start of next season claiming “the operation progresses because both parties are interested in making the deal happen”.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...