Alexis Sanchez + Cesc Fabregas = Luis Suarez
- July 10, 2014
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo have a cute equation on their website today, explaining how Barcelona have budgeted to bring in Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.
Essentially: Alexis Sanchez + Cesc Fabregas = Luis Suarez.
El Mundo have claimed for a day or so now that Luis Suarez will not cost Barcelona more than 75 million euros.
So, the departures of Cesc Fabregas to Chelsea and Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal look to have offset the cost of the Uruguayan striker.
Barcelona will receive 33 million euros from Chelsea for Fabregas. The deal could be worth three million euros more in the future.
Arsenal will pay Barcelona 38 million euros for Alexis Sanchez with another two million depending on appearances, trophies won etc.
Fabregas and Sanchez combined bring in 76 million euros combined into the Barcelona coffers – almost exactly the fee being paid to Liverpool for Suarez.
Above all, whilst Barcelona have a terrific player on their hands, you can’t help but think that Arsenal and Chelsea have profited the most out of these deals. Bringing in two world class players for pretty low sums.
Have Barcelona failed in the transfer market once again?
- Watch awesome fan cam footage of how Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won the Copa Americ...
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won Chile the Copa America with a glorious penalty [Videos]
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez & Leo Messi shared warm embrace before Copa America...
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez produces really classy gesture at Chile training [video]
- Cheeseball: Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez posts Instagram video of himself singing kar...
- Alexis Sanchez reveals a Uruguay player called him a ‘wuss’ for going down ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi