- Gary Neville asks Howard Webb ‘What makes a headbutt’ re Wilshere’s ‘nut’ on Fellaini [Video]
- Neymar pays tribute to Barça teammate: ‘There are no words for Messi, he’s my idol’ [Video]
- Golazo! Everton’s Ryan Ledson scores Ronaldinhoesque 45m free kick for England U18s! [Video]
- Jose Mourinho responds to ‘Dr’ Sergio Ramos: ‘I don’t think he has a Masters in Medicine’
- Golazo! Atletico Madrid’s Koke records brother Borja Resurrección scoring 30m free-kick [Video]
Alexis Sanchez + Cesc Fabregas = Luis Suarez
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo have a cute equation on their website today, explaining how Barcelona have budgeted to bring in Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.
Essentially: Alexis Sanchez + Cesc Fabregas = Luis Suarez.
El Mundo have claimed for a day or so now that Luis Suarez will not cost Barcelona more than 75 million euros.
So, the departures of Cesc Fabregas to Chelsea and Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal look to have offset the cost of the Uruguayan striker.
Barcelona will receive 33 million euros from Chelsea for Fabregas. The deal could be worth three million euros more in the future.
Arsenal will pay Barcelona 38 million euros for Alexis Sanchez with another two million depending on appearances, trophies won etc.
Fabregas and Sanchez combined bring in 76 million euros combined into the Barcelona coffers – almost exactly the fee being paid to Liverpool for Suarez.
Above all, whilst Barcelona have a terrific player on their hands, you can’t help but think that Arsenal and Chelsea have profited the most out of these deals. Bringing in two world class players for pretty low sums.
Have Barcelona failed in the transfer market once again?
- Updated: July 10, 2014