Alexis Sanchez + Cesc Fabregas = Luis Suarez
- July 10, 2014
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo have a cute equation on their website today, explaining how Barcelona have budgeted to bring in Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.
Essentially: Alexis Sanchez + Cesc Fabregas = Luis Suarez.
El Mundo have claimed for a day or so now that Luis Suarez will not cost Barcelona more than 75 million euros.
So, the departures of Cesc Fabregas to Chelsea and Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal look to have offset the cost of the Uruguayan striker.
Barcelona will receive 33 million euros from Chelsea for Fabregas. The deal could be worth three million euros more in the future.
Arsenal will pay Barcelona 38 million euros for Alexis Sanchez with another two million depending on appearances, trophies won etc.
Fabregas and Sanchez combined bring in 76 million euros combined into the Barcelona coffers – almost exactly the fee being paid to Liverpool for Suarez.
Above all, whilst Barcelona have a terrific player on their hands, you can’t help but think that Arsenal and Chelsea have profited the most out of these deals. Bringing in two world class players for pretty low sums.
Have Barcelona failed in the transfer market once again?
- Instagram photos suggest Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez has rekindled his relationship ...
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez sends humanitarian aid to his hometown Tocopilla after h...
- Arsenal stars including Alexis & Mesut Ozil post on Instagram after 2-1 win at Cry...
- Alexis Sanchez should be back for Arsenal in 10 days, Jack Wilshere’s injury was ...
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger gives Alexis Sanchez fitness update; In contention for Sunday
- Alexis Sanchez is very happy he’s returned to Arsenal [Instagram]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...