Alexis Sanchez + Cesc Fabregas = Luis Suarez
- July 10, 2014
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo have a cute equation on their website today, explaining how Barcelona have budgeted to bring in Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.
Essentially: Alexis Sanchez + Cesc Fabregas = Luis Suarez.
El Mundo have claimed for a day or so now that Luis Suarez will not cost Barcelona more than 75 million euros.
So, the departures of Cesc Fabregas to Chelsea and Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal look to have offset the cost of the Uruguayan striker.
Barcelona will receive 33 million euros from Chelsea for Fabregas. The deal could be worth three million euros more in the future.
Arsenal will pay Barcelona 38 million euros for Alexis Sanchez with another two million depending on appearances, trophies won etc.
Fabregas and Sanchez combined bring in 76 million euros combined into the Barcelona coffers – almost exactly the fee being paid to Liverpool for Suarez.
Above all, whilst Barcelona have a terrific player on their hands, you can’t help but think that Arsenal and Chelsea have profited the most out of these deals. Bringing in two world class players for pretty low sums.
Have Barcelona failed in the transfer market once again?
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...