Ronaldinho leads tribute to Libertadores winner Fernandão, who has tragically died in helicopter accident
- June 7, 2014
Former Brazilian striker Fernandao has tragically been killed in a helicopter accident, the Brazilian press is reporting today.
A product of the Goias academy, Fernandao went on to play for Marseille and Sao Paolo among other clubs, though it was at Brazilian side Internacional that he enjoyed the best days of his career, winning the Copa Libertadores in 2006, while he won one cap for the Brazilian national team.
Fernandao was due to commentate on the World Cup for Sport TV, Brazilian’s biggest sporting television network.
Ronaldinho – who played against him for Barcelona-, President Dilma Rousseff and Gilberto Silva are amongst Fernandao’s compatriot’s leading the tributes to the deceased, while Internacional have hailed him as ‘one of their most important players in their 105 year history.
Triste pela perda do grande jogador e um excelente homem, Fernandão, ídolo dentro e fora dos gramados. pic.twitter.com/VdYCaIV4ud
— Ronaldinho Gaúcho (@10Ronaldinho) June 7, 2014
O futebol esta de luto com a perda de João ,segurança do Atlético Mineiro e Fernandao ,ídolo do… http://t.co/hZP1INr3Wu
— Gilberto Silva (@GilbertoSilva15) June 7, 2014
Fernandão deixará saudades
— Dilma Rousseff (@dilmabr) June 7, 2014
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]