Alexandre Pato fluffs a sitter v Boca Juniors as Corinthians are dumped out the Copa Libertadores
- May 16, 2013
Although he has delivered some moments of quality since his return to Brazil, Alexandre Pato remains a striker who is still a shadow of his former self.
Pato, still only 23-year-old, suffered a terrible moment during Corinthians’ Copa Libertadores defeat to Boca Juniors on Wednesday night as the ex-AC Milan centre-forward missed the target when he had the goal begging at his mercy.
With 15 minutes left in the match, and Corinthians desperate for a goal to send them into the quarter-finals, Pato looked destined to rewrite the headlines when he collected a knock-down three yards in fornt of goal and with the Boca goalie way out of position. But then Pato had a meltdown.
The Duck showed footwork of that lived up to his feathered nickname, tripping up over himself and allowing the chance fall by the wayside.
The miss proved costly as Boca advance to the final eight.
Watch Alexandre Pato’s terrible miss below, along with footage of Juan Roman Riquelme golazo from the game.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...