Alexandre Pato fluffs a sitter v Boca Juniors as Corinthians are dumped out the Copa Libertadores
- May 16, 2013
Although he has delivered some moments of quality since his return to Brazil, Alexandre Pato remains a striker who is still a shadow of his former self.
Pato, still only 23-year-old, suffered a terrible moment during Corinthians’ Copa Libertadores defeat to Boca Juniors on Wednesday night as the ex-AC Milan centre-forward missed the target when he had the goal begging at his mercy.
With 15 minutes left in the match, and Corinthians desperate for a goal to send them into the quarter-finals, Pato looked destined to rewrite the headlines when he collected a knock-down three yards in fornt of goal and with the Boca goalie way out of position. But then Pato had a meltdown.
The Duck showed footwork of that lived up to his feathered nickname, tripping up over himself and allowing the chance fall by the wayside.
The miss proved costly as Boca advance to the final eight.
Watch Alexandre Pato’s terrible miss below, along with footage of Juan Roman Riquelme golazo from the game.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...