- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
Alexandre Pato fluffs a sitter v Boca Juniors as Corinthians are dumped out the Copa Libertadores
Although he has delivered some moments of quality since his return to Brazil, Alexandre Pato remains a striker who is still a shadow of his former self.
Pato, still only 23-year-old, suffered a terrible moment during Corinthians’ Copa Libertadores defeat to Boca Juniors on Wednesday night as the ex-AC Milan centre-forward missed the target when he had the goal begging at his mercy.
With 15 minutes left in the match, and Corinthians desperate for a goal to send them into the quarter-finals, Pato looked destined to rewrite the headlines when he collected a knock-down three yards in fornt of goal and with the Boca goalie way out of position. But then Pato had a meltdown.
The Duck showed footwork of that lived up to his feathered nickname, tripping up over himself and allowing the chance fall by the wayside.
The miss proved costly as Boca advance to the final eight.
Watch Alexandre Pato’s terrible miss below, along with footage of Juan Roman Riquelme golazo from the game.
- Updated: May 16, 2013