Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain out until 2014, Arsenal winger struggling for World Cup [Sunday People]
- November 17, 2013
With Arsenal top of the Premier League and England heading to the World Cup, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s injury has come at the very worst time.
Dave Kidd reports in the Sunday People today that The Ox is now expected to be out until at least 2014 after picking up a knee injury in Arsenal’s first Premier League game of the season, the infamous defeat to Aston Villa.
Arsene Wenger had previously suggested Oxlade-Chamberlain could be back by the start of December, but Kidd has less positive news in the Sunday tabloid today.
Kidd: “Oxlade-Chamberlain, 20, has now been told he cannot start training again until mid-December, meaning no comeback is likely until well into 2014.”
Despite scoring for England in the draw with Brazil at the Maracana last summer, Oxlade-Chamberlain seems quite a long way off from the Three Lions first team under Roy Hodgson.
Andros Townsend has since emerged and there are doubts how often The Ox will play for Arsenal when he does return due to the stellar amount of options available to Arsene Wenger in the middle of the park.
This bad news for Arsenal is tempered with suggestions that Lukas Podolski and Theo Walcott will return to first team training this week.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was included in The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2013.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...