Alessandro Del Piero blanked teammate, stropped off in a huff when subbed in Sydney derby
- January 11, 2014
This was an out of character moment from Alex Del Piero, but then again when you’re the team’s marquee player, you don’t expect to be taken off in the derby.
With Del Piero’s Sydney FC and Wester Sydney Wanderers locked at 0-0,Sydney coach Farina took the bold (foolhardy) decision to remove his star player from the action.
And Del Piero was not a happy bunny.
When his number went up on the electronic board he could barely believe it, and then blanked a teammate who went to high five him, as he stropped off in a huff, going straight to the bench without looking his coach in the eye.
That is, until he got to his seat, at which point he unleashed the most evil death stare ever seen.
- Juventus recall ’08 win over Real Madrid, courtesy of Del Piero golazo [Video]
- Throwback Tuesday! Del Piero, Inzaghi and Tacchinardi score in Juventus win over Inter ...
- Still got it! 40-year-old Alessandro Del Piero scores a brilliant free-kick in the ISL ...
- Marquee player Alessandro Del Piero currently can’t get a game in ISL, being used...
- Monday Memories! Del Piero & Trezeguet star as Juventus whup Olympiakos 7-0 [Video]
- Too Many Legends for 1 Photo: Del Piero, Trezeguet, Pires et al take Selfie at Indian S...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi