Alessandro Del Piero blanked teammate, stropped off in a huff when subbed in Sydney derby
- January 11, 2014
This was an out of character moment from Alex Del Piero, but then again when you’re the team’s marquee player, you don’t expect to be taken off in the derby.
With Del Piero’s Sydney FC and Wester Sydney Wanderers locked at 0-0,Sydney coach Farina took the bold (foolhardy) decision to remove his star player from the action.
And Del Piero was not a happy bunny.
When his number went up on the electronic board he could barely believe it, and then blanked a teammate who went to high five him, as he stropped off in a huff, going straight to the bench without looking his coach in the eye.
That is, until he got to his seat, at which point he unleashed the most evil death stare ever seen.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...