Alberto Gilardino misses an absolute sitter for Guangzhou Evergrande v Henan Jianye
- July 27, 2014
Fernando Torres might be king of missing sitters but Alberto Gilardino has staked his claim for the throne with this awful miss.
The former Italy international scuffed this opportunity for new club Guangzhou Evergrande against Henan Jianye.
Gilardino missed the perfect chance to get off the mark for the Chinese side but ballooned a shot after being put through with nobody but the keeper to beat.
Luckily, his blushes were spared and Guangzhou went on to win the match 1-0.
You can watch the embarrassing fluff in the video above.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi