Alberto Gilardino misses an absolute sitter for Guangzhou Evergrande v Henan Jianye
- July 27, 2014
Fernando Torres might be king of missing sitters but Alberto Gilardino has staked his claim for the throne with this awful miss.
The former Italy international scuffed this opportunity for new club Guangzhou Evergrande against Henan Jianye.
Gilardino missed the perfect chance to get off the mark for the Chinese side but ballooned a shot after being put through with nobody but the keeper to beat.
Luckily, his blushes were spared and Guangzhou went on to win the match 1-0.
You can watch the embarrassing fluff in the video above.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...