Alan Smith says it’s a shame Arsenal have missed out on ‘Van Persie-like’ Julian Draxler on SSN [Video]
- January 31, 2014
Alan ‘Smudge’ Smith is in the Sky Sports News studio today to discuss the latest happenings on Deadline Day.
And with his Arsenal background, he was naturally asked to give his two penneth on the Gunners’ transfer activity, or lack of it.
With Kim Kallstrom coming in as midfield back-up – a move Smith is pretty nonplussed about – Smith is disappointed as an Arsenal man that more wasn’t done to bring in a front man.
Namely Julian Draxler, who Smith contends was available for ‘a bit less than Schalke’s buy-out fee, so it’s a shame they’ve missed out on him, because there’ll be more clubs in for him in the summer.’
Smith rates 20 year-old Draxler very highly, and even believes that he could develop into a Robin van Persie type of player, moving in from the wing to play a more central role as he matures and develops.
The one that got away for Arsenal…
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...