Alan Smith says it’s a shame Arsenal have missed out on ‘Van Persie-like’ Julian Draxler on SSN [Video]
- January 31, 2014
Alan ‘Smudge’ Smith is in the Sky Sports News studio today to discuss the latest happenings on Deadline Day.
And with his Arsenal background, he was naturally asked to give his two penneth on the Gunners’ transfer activity, or lack of it.
With Kim Kallstrom coming in as midfield back-up – a move Smith is pretty nonplussed about – Smith is disappointed as an Arsenal man that more wasn’t done to bring in a front man.
Namely Julian Draxler, who Smith contends was available for ‘a bit less than Schalke’s buy-out fee, so it’s a shame they’ve missed out on him, because there’ll be more clubs in for him in the summer.’
Smith rates 20 year-old Draxler very highly, and even believes that he could develop into a Robin van Persie type of player, moving in from the wing to play a more central role as he matures and develops.
The one that got away for Arsenal…
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea fans enjoy new interview where Petr Cech jokes about Arsenal [video]
- Arturo Vidal’s agent reveals there has been no contact with Arsenal [Di Marzio]
- Lukas Podolski appears on Galatasaray TV as move from Arsenal draws near [video]
- David Seaman hails Arsenal’s capture of Petr Cech from Chelsea on Talksport [Audio]
- Former Arsenal man Gervinho demanded a helicopter & a private beach to join Al Jaz...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi