Alan Pardew issues a statement on why Newcastle spent zero money this summer, defends Kinnear
- September 3, 2013
Newcastle fans are pissed and a statement released by manager Alan Pardew on Tuesday afternoon is unlikely to make them feel any better.
Newcastle fans are fuming after seeing their club spend absolute bupkis in the summer transfer window, and their are particularly angry at the employment of director of football Joe Kinnear who failed to do one major deal this summer.
Alan Pardew, a manager whom Geordies feel sorry for now that the purse strings have been yanked out his hands, has tried his best to placate the Toon Army’s frustrations by explaining why the club kept their money in their pockets.
Pardew has said:
We are delighted to have brought Loic Remy to the club in this window and we believe he will form an exciting and effective partnership with Papiss Cisse.
Joe [Kinnear] has worked hard on numerous targets, particularly an additional offensive player. However some of the options that were available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already had and there is no point bringing in new players unless they can improve us and take us forward.
We did the majority of our business in the January window, signing five excellent first team players.
With the strong squad we have we should all approach the season in a positive, optimistic frame of mind.
— Daniel Storey (@danielstorey85) September 3, 2013
Wondering what the chances are that Pardew had nothing at all to do with drafting that statement…
— Michael Graham (@Capt_Fishpaste) September 3, 2013
Alan Pardew sacrifices his credibility and self respect to excuse Joe Kinnear's incompetence. Why? What a sad, predictable farce. #nufc
— Michael Calvin (@CalvinBook) September 3, 2013
Ashley has blatantly adapted that statement supposedly put forward by Pardew.. Pardew himself said he wanted a stronger squad. #nufc
— #AshleyOut (@NUFC_Rumours1) September 3, 2013
The Wizard of Toon Ashley – No Heart Kinnear – No Brain Pardew – No Courage
— GallowgateShots™ (@gallowgateshots) September 3, 2013
- Alan Pardew celebrates Crystal Palace’s “fantastic” win over Chelsea ...
- Arsenal fans quickly forget about Karim Benzema after Olivier Giroud golazo v Crystal P...
- Alan Pardew says he picked the wrong Crystal Palace team for Norwich win (video)
- Alan Pardew: Yohan Cabaye is good enough for Chelsea or Arsenal (Video)
- Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew is lauded for having ‘Pards’ printed on his...
- Yohan Cabaye (PSG) set for shock reunion with Alan Pardew at Crystal Palace [Mirror]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...