Alan Pardew issues a statement on why Newcastle spent zero money this summer, defends Kinnear
- September 3, 2013
Newcastle fans are pissed and a statement released by manager Alan Pardew on Tuesday afternoon is unlikely to make them feel any better.
Newcastle fans are fuming after seeing their club spend absolute bupkis in the summer transfer window, and their are particularly angry at the employment of director of football Joe Kinnear who failed to do one major deal this summer.
Alan Pardew, a manager whom Geordies feel sorry for now that the purse strings have been yanked out his hands, has tried his best to placate the Toon Army’s frustrations by explaining why the club kept their money in their pockets.
Pardew has said:
We are delighted to have brought Loic Remy to the club in this window and we believe he will form an exciting and effective partnership with Papiss Cisse.
Joe [Kinnear] has worked hard on numerous targets, particularly an additional offensive player. However some of the options that were available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already had and there is no point bringing in new players unless they can improve us and take us forward.
We did the majority of our business in the January window, signing five excellent first team players.
With the strong squad we have we should all approach the season in a positive, optimistic frame of mind.
— Daniel Storey (@danielstorey85) September 3, 2013
Wondering what the chances are that Pardew had nothing at all to do with drafting that statement…
— Michael Graham (@Capt_Fishpaste) September 3, 2013
Alan Pardew sacrifices his credibility and self respect to excuse Joe Kinnear's incompetence. Why? What a sad, predictable farce. #nufc
— Michael Calvin (@CalvinBook) September 3, 2013
Ashley has blatantly adapted that statement supposedly put forward by Pardew.. Pardew himself said he wanted a stronger squad. #nufc
— #AshleyOut (@NUFC_Rumours1) September 3, 2013
The Wizard of Toon Ashley – No Heart Kinnear – No Brain Pardew – No Courage
— GallowgateShots™ (@gallowgateshots) September 3, 2013
- 101 Writers Premier League Awards – John Terry and Harry Kane scoop prizes
- Alan Pardew rubbishes accusation that he’s to blame for Newcastle plight [Video]
- Alan Pardew puts £60 million price tag on star player Yannick Bolasie [Video]
- Alan Pardew denies that he’s trying to sign Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul [Video]
- The Premier League table since Alan Pardew left Newcastle for Crystal Palace [Graphic]
- Pardew’s combined records at Newcastle & Crystal Palace has him 8th in the P...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi