- Crazy Stat: Robin van Persie only had 12 touches v Arsenal, and 3 of them were from corners he took!
- SKILLS! Ajax’s Ricardo Kishna pulls off a showboat nutmeg v Heerenveen [GIF & Vine]
- Jack Wilshere to sign new £150,000 a week deal to stay at Arsenal until 2020 [Sunday People]
- Epic Video: All of Lionel Messi’s record breaking 253 goals for Barcelona in La Liga
- Jose Mourinho: Our football v West Brom “was in another dimension”
Alan Hansen trolls Michael Owen & Jason Roberts asking “Any of you boys scored this season?”
Michael Owen wasn’t only left looking stupid by his handlebar mustache on Match of the Day 2 on Sunday night.
The BBC’s star pundit Alan Hansen displayed his deadpan Scottish humour on MOTD2 when the ex-Liverpool defender decided to get personal with his co-pundits for the evening Michael Owen and Jason Roberts.
Following a discussion about how Roberto Mancini successfully brought on striker Edin Dzeko against Tottenham for the Bosnian to score the winner against Spurs, Hansen chose to go on the offensive against his fellow talking-heads about their lack of success in front of goal this season.
Hansen quipped “Have any of you boys scored after coming on as a substitute this season? Any of you boys scored at all this season?”
For the record, Michael Owen has made four appearances for Stoke this season without scoring whilst Reading attacker Jason Roberts has no goals in six appearances.
Watch Alan Hansen’s comedy cuss below.
- Updated: November 12, 2012