Alan Hansen gives Nacho Monreal a ‘promising’ grade on his Arsenal debut v Stoke
- February 3, 2013
One of the big stories that came from nowhere on transfer deadline day was Arsenal’s capture of Nacho Monreal.
The shock factor associated with the deal however, was more due to the Gunners ability to keep the story out of the headlines rather than the acquisition coming out of left field.
Wenger is now reported to have been tracking Monreal for some time, nevertheless the transfer of the Spanish international left-back was sped up by the injury of Kieran Gibbs last week against Liverpool.
On Saturday Monreal got his Arsenal debut against Stoke in a 1-0 win.
On Match of the Day, pundit Alan Hansen handed the Spaniard a “promising” rating after a somewhat subdued start against the Potters. Nacho’s chief asset against Stoke was his attacking qualities: his eagerness to overlap down the touchline and offer width.
Watch Alan Hansen’s analysis of Nacho below, while longer individual highlights of Monreal’s debut can be seen after that.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi