Al Enezi (Al Nasr) gets away with ridiculous amount of gamesmanship in Saudi Cup final shootout
- February 23, 2013
The Saudi Prince Crown Cup was a bit epic.
When Al-Hilal and Al-Nasr couldn’t be separated after a scoreless 90 minutes, extra-time loomed, with the spectre of penalties as ever not far behind.
Extra-time featured the rarity of two post-Golden/Silver Goal goals, with a strike for either side in the second half, which meant penalties.
This is where Abdullah Al Enezi took his chance to shine, deciding he would be the star of the show.
Seeing Bruce Grobbelaar’s spaghetti legs and raising him by some distance, the twice-capped Saudi keeper got away with the most brazen act of gamesmanship you’ll ever see from a keeper in a penalty shootout.
On the second kick, Al Enezi waits for Al Hilal’s taker to begin his run back, before walking over to his post and rattling the foundation as hard as he could.
Clearly an eccentric (he wears tracksuit bottoms after all), he then lay down flat on his back for each of his sides’ kicks, staring up into the sky.
On each of Al Hilal’s following kicks, he then came out to the spot to kick the ball away with a big mocking grin on his face.
In the end, his gamesmanship didn’t exactly go to plan, as Al Enazi only managed to save one kick, as Al Hilal ran out 4-2 winners.
Al Enazi probably wasn’t the brains behind his shoot-out tactics: he’s coached by none other than Rene Higuita!
Watch Abdullah Al Enazi’s brazen piece of gamesmanship during the Saudi Cup final penalty shoot-out on the clip below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”297844″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...