- Juventus may pay £50m to sign Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling as they gear up to sell Paul Pogba [Sun]
- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
Al Arabi boss Dan Petrescu confirms that Barcelona’s Xavi has signed pre-contract with the Qatari club [SPORT]
- June 17, 2014
Xavi looks to be the latest pivotal figure of the Great Barcelona to be exiting the Camp Nou stage left, according to Al Arabi manager Dan Petrescu.
Barcelona-based SPORT report that the former Chelsea midfielder Petrescu has confirmed that a pre-contract agreement exists between the Qatari club and the Barcelona midfielder.
SPORT had already reported that 3 Qatari clubs had made offers for Xavi, and Petrescu now claims that Xavi’s chosen his club, Al Arabi.
Petrescu said: ‘Xavi has signed a pre-contract with us. There were several other clubs interested in him, but our offer convinced him. I’ve personal spoken with him.’
Sport claim that said offer includes the handsome salary of $8 million per year.
Along with Victor Valdes and Puyol leaving, Xavi’s departure truly does signal the much-anticipated end of an era.