- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Al Ahli Club (Dubai) score unorthodox tiki-taka golazo involving 21 passes
Ricardo Quaresma’s Al Ahli thrashed Al Wasl 4-0 in Friday’s Etisalate Pro League encounter.
The fourth goal was the pick of the lot though, involving as it did a move of 21 passes, from front to back, and back to front.
It was Quaremas who started the move, and Al Ahli then began to ‘ole’ the ball about a bit. They then work it all the way back to the keeper, and look to have broken the chain having been forced back.
The improabable move continues unabated, however, and in just two more passes the ball is in the back of the net.
Ismail Al Hammadi latches onto a deep through ball, and smashes a perfect toe-poke into the roof of the net.
A goal move involving 21 passes may be small beer to your Barças or your Swanselonas, but this was deemed such a feat in the Persian Gulf that Dubai Sports felt the need to set up an on-screen ticker on the replay of the goal.
It may have been unorthodox, but they got their in the end. GOLAZO!
- Updated: February 16, 2013