Ajax boss Frank De Boer confirms Spurs have signed Christian Eriksen
- August 29, 2013
During a press conference on Thursday evening, Ajax coach Frank De Boer has confirmed that Tottenham have signed Danish playmaker Christian Eriksen.
Whilst also discussing the Champions League draw pitting Ajax against Barcelona, AC Milan and Celtic, De Boer confirmed reports that Eriksen has already undergone a medical at White Hart Lane on Thursday afternoon.
De Boer said: “The transfer of Eriksen to Tottenham Hotspur is as good as final.”
Personal discussions have also taken place this Thursday afternoon between Eriksen’s advisers and Spurs director of football Franco Baldini to tie up the deal.
Tottenham will pay 12 million euros, plus 500,000 euros should they reach the Champions League next season.
Eriksen has signed a four-year deal at White Hart Lane, with an option of another season, according to widespread Dutch reports.
De Telegraaf add that Eriksen had other Premier League suitors, including Liverpool, and that the 21-year-old is expected to be in the squad for Sunday’s North London derby.
- Manchester United could tie up signing of Jasper Cillessen from Ajax this week [Telegraph]
- Ajax release official video of Barcelona’s Luis Suarez pre Champions League final...
- AC Milan sent a classy fax to Ajax after the Champions League final on this day 20 year...
- Man United want to buy Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen for €25m [De Telegraaf]
- Ajax youngsters all celebrate their goals with the Cristiano Ronaldo celebration [Video]
- Chelsea considering bid for Ajax winger Anwar El Ghazi [Mirror]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi