AIK display huge banner, stop the match v IFK in the 27th minute to mourn Ivan Turina’s death
- May 7, 2013
Both the country of Sweden and it’s football family were sent into a state of shock last week with the news that AIK’s goalkeeper Ivan Turina died in his sleep of a suspected heart attack between last Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
On Monday night AIK played their first match since the death of their goalie against IFK Gothenburg, and the club made sure to honour Turina’s life.
Before the match a huge tifo of Ivan Turina was erected behind the goal, whilst a video including messages from Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Luka Modric (who played with Turina at Dinamo Zagreb) was played over the Jumbotron.
Further, the game came to a standstill in the 27th minute for an emotional minute’s applause for AIK’s former number 27.
Videos the pre-match Ivan Turina tifo, the messages from Ibrahimovic and Modric, and the minute’s applause midway through the first half can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi