- Behind-the-scenes footage of Napoli’s crazy calender for 2015 [Video]
- The Guardian pay tribute to Thierry Henry [Video]
- WTF! Bournemouth’s Baily Cargill saw his wig fall off against Liverpool [Vine]
- Karim Benzema: I would love to play under Zidane one day at Real Madrid
- 100s of Newcastle fans were blocked outside White Hart Lane long after kick off v Spurs [Pictures]
AIK display huge banner, stop the match v IFK in the 27th minute to mourn Ivan Turina’s death
Both the country of Sweden and it’s football family were sent into a state of shock last week with the news that AIK’s goalkeeper Ivan Turina died in his sleep of a suspected heart attack between last Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
On Monday night AIK played their first match since the death of their goalie against IFK Gothenburg, and the club made sure to honour Turina’s life.
Before the match a huge tifo of Ivan Turina was erected behind the goal, whilst a video including messages from Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Luka Modric (who played with Turina at Dinamo Zagreb) was played over the Jumbotron.
Further, the game came to a standstill in the 27th minute for an emotional minute’s applause for AIK’s former number 27.
Videos the pre-match Ivan Turina tifo, the messages from Ibrahimovic and Modric, and the minute’s applause midway through the first half can be seen below.
- Updated: May 7, 2013