AIK display huge banner, stop the match v IFK in the 27th minute to mourn Ivan Turina’s death
- May 7, 2013
Both the country of Sweden and it’s football family were sent into a state of shock last week with the news that AIK’s goalkeeper Ivan Turina died in his sleep of a suspected heart attack between last Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
On Monday night AIK played their first match since the death of their goalie against IFK Gothenburg, and the club made sure to honour Turina’s life.
Before the match a huge tifo of Ivan Turina was erected behind the goal, whilst a video including messages from Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Luka Modric (who played with Turina at Dinamo Zagreb) was played over the Jumbotron.
Further, the game came to a standstill in the 27th minute for an emotional minute’s applause for AIK’s former number 27.
Videos the pre-match Ivan Turina tifo, the messages from Ibrahimovic and Modric, and the minute’s applause midway through the first half can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...