- Newcastle’s Alan Pardew tipped to take over at Crystal Palace [Pictures]
- Man City centre-back Matija Nastasic is heading to join Roberto Di Matteo at Schalke [Bild]
- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
Ahead of Liverpool-Chelsea, Mourinho says Suarez “dives” for penalties [Telegraph]
As if Liverpool v Chelsea needed any more spicing up!
The front page of the Sunday Telegraph Sport section reveals that Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has all but called Liverpool talisman Luis Suarez a “diver” ahead of the big Sunday clash in the Premier League.
Mourinho is quoted as saying he is worried for Mark Schwarzer at Anfield on Sunday as Suarez “dives” for penalties.
Schwarzer looks set to start in goal after Petr Cech picked up a shoulder injury in Chelsea’s 0-0 draw at Atletico Madrid in midweek.
The so-called Special One adds on The Sunday Telegraph front page that Suarez “hits the goalkeeper” and Mourinho has previously described the Uruguayan as “the king of penalties.”
There could also be further anger on Sunday after the outcome at Anfield, with Chelsea upset about not being able to play the game a day earlier ahead of their Champions League semi-final second leg at Stamford Bridge.
But, it would be no surprise were Suarez or Mourinho to hog the headlines after the full time whistle at Anfield.
- Updated: April 26, 2014