Agent-less Brendan Rodgers looking for better Liverpool deal than £2m-a-season
- March 15, 2014
Ahead of Liverpool’s clash with Manchester United tomorrow, the Independent on Sunday have an intriguing report hinting about the future of Brendan Rodgers at Anfield.
Surprisingly, as Tim Rich reports in the Independent on Sunday, Brendan Rodgers has just over a year left on his Liverpool contract.
Despite leading Liverpool to the brink of a Champions League place and perhaps a shot at the Premier League title, there have been no discussions about a new deal for Rodgers with the American owners.
In the report, which can be read below at the bottom of the Independent on Sunday sport back page, Rodgers admits he does not have an agent and there is speculation that the Liverpool boss is on around two million pounds a season.
There seems little doubt that this report has come out at an opportune time, perhaps the height of Rodgers’ success at Liverpool – even if they were to lose at Manchester United tomorrow.
Is there any doubt Rodgers will be rewarded with a lucrative new contract at Liverpool pretty soon?
- How Liverpool fans reacted to the signing of Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Defender Simon Kjaer rejected Liverpool for Fenerbahce because he wanted to win trophie...
- Brendan Rodgers releases coach Mike Marsh from Liverpool staff [Mirror]
- Brendan Rodgers will stay on as Liverpool manager following positive end-of-season review
- Liverpool have approached Carlo Ancelotti over replacing Brendan Rodgers [Marca]
- Brendan Rodgers is not in any immediate danger of getting axed from Liverpool [Papers]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi