Agent-less Brendan Rodgers looking for better Liverpool deal than £2m-a-season
Ahead of Liverpool’s clash with Manchester United tomorrow, the Independent on Sunday have an intriguing report hinting about the future of Brendan Rodgers at Anfield.
Surprisingly, as Tim Rich reports in the Independent on Sunday, Brendan Rodgers has just over a year left on his Liverpool contract.
Despite leading Liverpool to the brink of a Champions League place and perhaps a shot at the Premier League title, there have been no discussions about a new deal for Rodgers with the American owners.
In the report, which can be read below at the bottom of the Independent on Sunday sport back page, Rodgers admits he does not have an agent and there is speculation that the Liverpool boss is on around two million pounds a season.
There seems little doubt that this report has come out at an opportune time, perhaps the height of Rodgers’ success at Liverpool – even if they were to lose at Manchester United tomorrow.
Is there any doubt Rodgers will be rewarded with a lucrative new contract at Liverpool pretty soon?
- New Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp looking to move into Brendan Rodgers’ apartment
- Ex Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers could become new Aston Villa manager [Sun]
- Axed Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers tipped to replace Aston Villa’s Tim Sherwood ...
- Steven Gerrard’s slip is the latest clip to get the Thierry Henry reaction (video)
- Why James Milner is crucial to Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool revolution [Statistics]
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Watch a Live Stream of the Premier League match
- Carlo Ancelotti was offered Liverpool job before Jurgen Klopp, claims former Spurs boss...
- Liverpool’s Martin Skrtel gatecrashes coach’s TV interview after Slovakia b...