Agent-less Brendan Rodgers looking for better Liverpool deal than £2m-a-season
Ahead of Liverpool’s clash with Manchester United tomorrow, the Independent on Sunday have an intriguing report hinting about the future of Brendan Rodgers at Anfield.
Surprisingly, as Tim Rich reports in the Independent on Sunday, Brendan Rodgers has just over a year left on his Liverpool contract.
Despite leading Liverpool to the brink of a Champions League place and perhaps a shot at the Premier League title, there have been no discussions about a new deal for Rodgers with the American owners.
In the report, which can be read below at the bottom of the Independent on Sunday sport back page, Rodgers admits he does not have an agent and there is speculation that the Liverpool boss is on around two million pounds a season.
There seems little doubt that this report has come out at an opportune time, perhaps the height of Rodgers’ success at Liverpool – even if they were to lose at Manchester United tomorrow.
Is there any doubt Rodgers will be rewarded with a lucrative new contract at Liverpool pretty soon?
Watch Live Stream
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20th, 2016
- Former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers opens talks with Celtic [Sky Sports]May 17th, 2016
- Former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers unleashes inner Anthony Joshua & takes up boxing (Video)April 29th, 2016
- Liverpool target Raphael Guerreiro savages Journo claiming Dortmund move is close [Tweet]May 27th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Marko Grujic reveals some bad news on SnapChatMay 26th, 2016
- Mixed reports on whether Liverpool have actually bid for Lorient’s Raphael GuerreiroMay 26th, 2016
- Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge urges Mario Gotze to leave amid Liverpool interestMay 26th, 2016