After link to Man United, Feyenoord’s director of football says Stefan de Vrij’s move to Lazio is off [RTV Rijnmond]
- July 20, 2014
Local Dutch news agency RTV Rijnmond have quotes from Feyenoord’s director of football this weekend confirming that Stefan de Vrij’s proposed move to Lazio is off.
Martin van Geel has made it public that Lazio’s approach for 22-year-old de Vrij had been rejected for being too low.
De Vrij said:
I’m glad we did not accept the offer from Lazio. It was far too low… It would be logical if he leaves, but there must be the right club that will pay the right price.
It’s noticeable that Martin van Geel’s quotes come the day after the Mirror reported De Vrij was on his way to Manchester United for £10m.
De Vrij, 22, is of course extremely well-known to Louis van Gaal having been in his World Cup squad in Brazil. He started all seven Dutch games, scoring one goal and recording a 81.6 % pass completion record.
United are in need of new cover at centre-back, having seen Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand both leave the club in the summer.